Question/Problem: WSAECONNABORTED (10053) Software caused connection abort.

Answer/Solution: A connection abort was caused internal to your host machine. The software caused a connection abort because there is no space on the socket's queue and the socket cannot receive further connections.

WinSock description: The error can occur when the local network system aborts a connection. This would occur if WinSock aborts an established connection after data retransmission fails (receiver never acknowledges data sent on a datastream socket).

TCP/IP scenario: A connection will timeout if the local system doesn't receive an (ACK)nowledgement for data sent. It would also timeout if a (FIN)ish TCP packet is not ACK'd (and even if the FIN is ACK'd, it will eventually timeout if a FIN is not returned).

-------

The router's firmware has a bug causing it to send a proper response when it's ACK'd. I don't know why'd you'd ever think it would have to with port forwarding. Port Forwarding is necessary only when trying to listen for a remote connection on a host that is BEHIND the NAT. You never need it when establishing a connection.

I'd first turn UPnP support on the router too OFF. It does not matter if it's turned on or not in mIRC. But it should be disabled on the router. I won't go into detail but UPnP is typically the most common reason for connection issues.

Last edited by MeStinkBAD; 02/01/11 03:47 PM.

Beware of MeStinkBAD! He knows more than he actually does!