mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Threads | Unanswered Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past Week | Past Month | Past Year
Bug Reports Jump to new posts
Re: Automatic calculation/evaluation in tokens. Sat Yesterday at 04:58 PM
For what it is worth: you can prevent this from happening by using either the -n or the (as yet undocumented) -p switch to /var. For example, the following code excerpt:

Code
var -n %test = 1 - 1
echo -ag %test

..will echo "1 - 1". The exact same applies in cases where the input is not literal (e.g. when assigning one variable to another, with such a "formula" as contents).
3 50 Read More
Re: if 0 isnum 1- equals true Dazuz Yesterday at 03:32 PM
It appears to be working as expected now.
3 123 Read More
Re: Ctrl+break issue NrWarren Yesterday at 12:32 AM
Thank you for the detailed description. It does make sense.

I have done enough with multithreading myself to know it can be a bother to implement, but does have its rewards.

There is one solution though, i see, that makes sense... and that would be, what if you gave the option, in a
mIRC command-line to remove (or just not add) (or not process) the global CTRL+BREAK hook/procedure.

so like you did with -noreg and -portable :
Code
 mirc.exe -nobreaks

That way we could have the best of both worlds... typical users will be able to enjoy the soft breaks offered by
ctrl+break in its default state.

and then, more advanced users, would have the warning and expectation, that if anything does go wrong in their
script, that they can expect a hard close of the mIRC program. (and to be more careful)

I did manage to circumvent this issue using Windows 10's sandbox, but that it is far from an ideal solution.
as the vm sandbox is a bit clunky to work with.

If none of this is possible, and you still can't entertain the idea above... could you tell me what C function/hook or
registry modification is involved with the global break ?

[Optional Reading, about my mIRC project]
My script i've created, it scans through all the lines in a "workspace folder" , and then it determines how many (if any)
lines have been appended, to give a rough determination of code lines changed. I'm sure i could program all of this in
low-level languages, but i really do enjoy the ease of use of the mIRC interface you've created, and you've made file
handling operations a comfort. All of this comes crashing down though, if when i am working in python and i have to
CTRL+break out of the program, and while i have already setup key handling to work with Ctrl+C , there are inevitably
times that Ctrl+Break is the only way out.

It is curious though that....while you say that mIRC has "global breaks" in the desktop environment, i've noticed that
when certain windows are open, it doesn't seem to be registering the ctrl+break outside of those programs, probably
due to some internal key handling of those particular programs.

Either way, i know this issue has been a pain, but i do think there has got to be a simple fix that would satisfy everyone.
a simple command-line option to remove the training wheels, is one quick fix.

Keep up the good work khaled, lol sorry to bring such an annoying issue to you.
really respect and enjoy what you've created here. Have enjoyed mIRC for almost 20 years now. smile
4 194 Read More
Re: mIRC beta Khaled 19/02/20 01:24 PM
The latest beta is mIRC v7.59.127 and it can be downloaded here. It includes the following changes:

Beta v7.59.127 changes:
1.Item 1, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/266806
2.Item 2, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/266805
3.Item 3, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/266817
4.Item 4, fixed.

Changes:
1.Fixed toolbar button bitmaps not being displayed correctly.
2.Fixed isnum backward compatibility issue due to recent change.
3.Fixed local host/ip address bug that prevented these from being
changed when connected to a server.
4.Fixed bitmap memory bug in About dialog.
1 178,401 Read More
Scripts & Popups Jump to new posts
Re: Raw 366 maroon 16/02/20 11:34 PM
You didn't say what you did for normals. There is no mode for normal, because it's the absense of all modes. I was trying to say that $nick($chan,0,a) is 'all' because the 'a' switch for 'all' supercedes the +a mode given to protected-ops. If you want normals, you either use the 'r' flag as parm 3, or use 'a' (all) for parm 3 then have parm 4 be a list of all modes. //echo -ag $nick($chan,0,a,ohv&~) or $nick($chan,0,r)

The 4th parm is needed to have accurate results in situations where someone has several modes. In effect, parm4 needs to be a list of all modes except the mode listed in parm 3.

//mode $chan +ov $me $me
avoids double counting by using $nick($chan,0,o,hv&~)
3 103 Read More
Feature Suggestions Jump to new posts
Re: /debug after /server -m Wims 16/02/20 04:08 PM
That works (with eventually a scon -r to reset back to the previous connection) without losing the scope, which is better than a timer -h 1 0, but I feel like having to use scon $scon(0) or a timer may lead to others troubles, I think a switch would be a good idea, still.
2 83 Read More
Re: Sockets with Open Weather Map Riamus2 15/02/20 01:50 AM
You know... I tried doing the loop, but didn't try it with -f at the same time. Duh! Definitely rusty. smile

Thanks!
4 88 Read More
Re: Changing host name and IP address BenderUnit 14/02/20 02:31 PM
Oh, great news, thank you!
4 221 Read More
Whisper Twitch [help] cookiemac 13/02/20 11:39 AM
I've tried several methods, but I can't send whisper on the twitch. (I can receive but not send)

Can someone help me?

"Your settings prevent you from sending this whisper"
0 31 Read More
mIRC Help Jump to new posts
Re: mIRC settings lost... Khaled 12/02/20 07:43 AM
mIRC does not access your backup files in any way after they have been created by the installer. If they have indeed been deleted, this means that another application has deleted your ini files, most likely anti-virus software. This is actually quite a common issue and we have seen anti-virus software behave this way in the past, where valid files are misidentified as a virus/trojan and deleted. The only real solution to file loss issues like this is to make regular backups.
3 449 Read More
Re: Help anti flood maroon 12/02/20 04:13 AM
You don't have matching pair of curly braces, so it swallows the rest of the script in its search for a match. Sometimes the imbalance is caused by one of the braces touching another character which changes its meaning, but here you literally have 5 open curly braces and only 4 closing.

It also looks like you're missing some code, because it doesn't make sense to have the 'set' line in between the "if (%floodcommand) { return }" and the "else". Also, the $true condition ends with a 'return', so there doesn't need to be an "else" on the line below it.
1 61 Read More
General Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Some of the forum posts have diamonds. Khaled 11/02/20 06:18 PM
Indeed you will find changes like these in quite a few posts. They have occurred several times since the forums were created, usually whenever the forum software was updated and posts needed to be re-parsed. It is probably due to conversion between Unicode and a particular codepage. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to spot issues like this until long after the update has been performed, due to the large number of posts, and they are not reversible.
1 112 Read More
Re: Custom toobar buttons no longer work Khaled 09/02/20 12:19 PM
Thanks for your bug report. This is due to a change that affects the loading of the custom toolbar button bitmap set via the toolbar GUI. This issue has been fixed for the next version.

For now, the only way around this would be to create a script that uses the /toolbar command to load individual parts of the bitmap as separate buttons.
2 99 Read More
Re: mIRC Servers list Neo1981 08/02/20 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Khaled
I have updated servers.ini to use Snoonet instead of OFTC as one of the default networks, as Snoonet is a more general network suitable for most users. Snoonet also uses valid SSL certificates, so it will default to port +6697.

Is it possible, to add: irc.kletsnetwerk.eu (KletsNetwerk) Dutch overall
https://twitter.com/KletsNetwerk/status/1226276349201014784
13 1,375 Read More
Latest News Jump to new posts
mIRC 7.59 released Khaled 08/02/20 06:16 PM
Dear mIRC User,

mIRC v7.59 has been released today.

This is a small update that addresses a number of issues reported by users since the last release. It includes improvements, changes and fixes to a number of features, including:

Added support for the IRCv3 TAGMSG event.
Fixed channel mode parsing bug.
Added /cnick support for auto-color option by allowing * as color number.
Fixed IPv6 address handling in a number of features.
Updated CA root certificates cacert.pem file.
Fixed favorites dialog join button not initiating a connection if not currently connected.
Extended $fline((@name,text,N,T,S) to support S parameter for search start position.
Fixed custom dialog controls not being updated immediately when /did is used to change their contents.
Added /fseek -p switch that moves the file pointer backwards to the start of the line.
Fixed $bindip() bug when used with dual-stack network interface.

In total, there have been around 30 changes since the last release.

How to upgrade?
mIRC is distributed in an installer that installs mIRC on your computer for you. Simply download and run the installer from the download page on the mIRC website. Follow the instructions the installer gives to you. When upgrading all your old settings and scripts will stay as they were, if you want that. Read the questions the installer asks with care and nothing can go wrong. You will be chatting with the new mIRC in no time. If you get stuck or if you want to find out more about a certain feature, just click on a Help button or browse the Help file and you should find lots of hints to help you out.

Where to download?
As always, the latest version of mIRC can be downloaded from the download page on the mIRC website.

Registering mIRC
As you know, mIRC can be downloaded freely and evaluated for 30 days. If you find that you enjoy using mIRC, it would be great and much appreciated if you registered your copy. This licenses you to use your copy of mIRC and helps to support our continued work on mIRC. You can find out how to register here.

Full list of Fixes, Changes and Additions.
For a more detailed list of recent changes, please see the whatsnew.txt file. You will need to read through the help file to learn more about these changes and their impact. Some changes are obvious, some need getting used to - please take your time to play with them and see how they work. May we invite you to use these forums for all questions you might have? The forums offer great help with everything related to mIRC!

Thanks for using mIRC, have fun on IRC!
0 184 Read More
Re: Query Control - Help violeta 06/02/20 09:01 AM
Ok, I fixed that by changing:

Code
dialog qc {
  title "Query Control"
  size -1 -1 130 47
  option dbu

with

dialog qc {
  title "Query Control"
  size 1 1 130 47
  option dbu

Now I have another question, can a few requests be made in separate windows?

The moment is when a new request comes to send this:

Code
#qc on
on *:START:{ 
  echo $color(info) -st 6û Script: Query Control script by is loaded and running. 
  hmake qcaccept 100
  if ($exists(qcaccept.hsh)) {
    .hload -s qcaccept qcaccept.hsh
    echo $color(info) -st 6û Script: hash table for Query Control loaded
  }
}

and that of the user:

Code
elseif ($dialog(qc)) {
    .msg $nick $ewrap(Sorry $nick $+ , but I am busy with another message. Please try again later. (15 second ignore))
    echo $color(info) -ast 6û Query Control: $nick tried to Query you with an active Query Control dialog open
    close -m $nick
    .ignore -pu315 $nick
  }

Please help.. frown
1 130 Read More
Re: script error popup on start kap 04/02/20 09:52 AM
I go by another nick on that channel. But I see that you've joined and sent you a message. smile
10 427 Read More
Re: Is there a quicker way to add favorite channels? kap 03/02/20 06:33 PM
This writes to the chanfolder location in $mircini. You really shouldn't write to $mircini directly, people WILL yell at you for doing so, but here's an example that may work...

Code
; /addfav -jm +c #channelname [ +p <Password> ] [ +n <*>|<network> ] [ +f <Foldername> ] [ +d <This is the description> ]
; Examples:
; /addfav -jm +c ##mirc +n Freenode +f mIRC_related +d Unoffical mIRC support channel
; /addfav -jm +c #mircscripting +n SwiftIRC +f mIRC_related +d Ouims' super chill hangout place
; /addfav -j +c #peace&protection +n EFNet +f mIRC_related +d Offical support channel for PnP
alias addfav {
  var %description, %folder, %network, %password, %channel, %join_on_connect, %minimize_on_join
  var %ini n $+ $iif($ini($mircini,chanfolder,0),$v1,0)
  if ($findtok($1-,+d,32) && ($gettok($1-,$+($calc($v1 + 1),-),32))) var -n %description $v1
  if ($findtok($1-,+f,32) && ($gettok($1-,$calc($v1 + 1),32))) var -n %folder $v1
  if ($findtok($1-,+n,32) && ($gettok($1-,$calc($v1 + 1),32))) var -n %network $v1
  if ($findtok($1-,+p,32) && ($gettok($1-,$calc($v1 + 1),32))) var -n %password $v1
  if ($findtok($1-,+c,32) && ($gettok($1-,$calc($v1 + 1),32))) var -n %channel $v1

if (-* iswm $1) { 
    if (j isin $1) var %join_on_connect 1
    if (m isin $1) var %minimize_on_join 1
  }
  if (%network == *) var %network
  if ($left(%channel,1) == $chr(35)) { 
    writeini $qt($mircini) chanfolder %ini %channel $+ , $+ %description $+ , $+ %password $+ , $+ %network $+ , $+ %join_on_connect $+ , $+ %minimize_on_join $+ , $+ %folder | flushini $qt($mircini)
  }
  else { 
    echo -ag Sorry, %channel is not a valid channel name!
  } 
}

Code
alias t1 {
  addfav -j +c #peace&protection +n EFNet +f mIRC_related +d Offical support channel for PnP
  addfav -jm +c ##mirc +n Freenode +f mIRC_related +d Unoffical mIRC support channel
  addfav -jm +c #mircscripting +n SwiftIRC +f mIRC_related +d Ouims' super chill hangout place
}

pastebin: https://www.irccloud.com/pastebin/raw/YkqxcWsw

Note: Don't use this. People will yell at you. I've warned you twice now.

1 58 Read More
Re: New: GitHub mirc syntax highlighting SykO 03/02/20 06:33 AM
Hello guys, great news: First, the repo was unarchived. Second, I was invited to the contributors' list. Third: me and kap are working on a vscode extension. Part of the extension is to add an up-to-date syntax highlighting support for msl to vscode. Therefore, this will also be used to update the repo linked to linguist. All help, suggestions, and comments are welcome and appreciated.
3 186 Read More
Re: $nick on ON TEXT # help Protopia 01/02/20 11:09 AM
Try:
Code
on *:text:*:#:{
  if ($istok($1-,$me,32) && ($nick != $me)) { 
    .notice $nick You said my name on channel message!
  }
}
3 185 Read More
Re: Event to trap each connection attempt failure kap 29/01/20 03:26 PM
+1
1 138 Read More
Re: Help violeta 29/01/20 05:04 AM
Thank you very much maroon you are great!

I put up ready codes, if they are helpful to someone else.

[Linked Image from media.snimka.bg]

Code
-----------------------------------------------------------
ON *:JOIN:#: {
  if ($istok(%ip,$address($nick,2),32)) {
  /msg  $me $timestamp 4 $nick 10 with IP: 4 $address 10 JOIN: $chan
  var %a $findtok(%ip,$address($nick,2),1,32)
  set %ip *!*@t3vik5.ip.btc-net.bg *!*@t3dsg7.ip.btc-net.bg $deltok(%ip,%a,32)
  }
}
------------------------------------------------------------
ON *:QUIT: { 
  if (!$nick(#sex,$nick)) return
  /msg  $me $timestamp 4 $nick 10 with IP: 4 $address 10 QUIT: $chan
  }
}
--------------------------------------------------------------
ON *:PART:#sex: { 
  /msg  $me $timestamp 13 $nick 10 with IP: 13 $address 10 PART: $chan
  }
}
---------------------------------------------------------------
8 286 Read More
Re: A way to turn off or ignore error pop up on start. maroon 28/01/20 09:25 AM
This is a script error, that you need to resolve in the other thread by providing actual information about the problem.
It would be a nightmare to have scripts stop functioning as coded. This is a PEBKAC error and the other thread is the place to deal with it.
1 86 Read More
a word message timeout filter script? dah 28/01/20 03:06 AM
Hey there guys, does anybody know the script for a word message timeout script that actually works if so please let me know?
If you know a word timeout message script that timeouts non-capital letters because I already got a script that timeouts capital letter?

For example, it will timeout users in a twitch chat when someone mentions words like scumbag, gay, idiot etc...
0 35 Read More
Re: Even/Odd Minute FroggieDaFrog 27/01/20 01:30 PM
You can get the last digit using something like

Code
echo -a $right( $time(n), 1)

and to check if something is even, you check if its a multiple of 2

Code
if (2 // $right( $time(n), 1)) {
  echo -a even
}
else {