mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Threads | Unanswered Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past Week | Past Month | Past Year
Bug Reports Jump to new posts
Re: /play -c file.txt strangely requires a target. Khaled 5 hours ago
Thanks for your bug report. This is intentional. If you want /play to interpret lines as commands, you will need to specify a target window. I have updated the help file to clarify this.
1 18 Read More
Scripts & Popups Jump to new posts
Re: Acro Script kap 16 hours ago
I made a weather script for Peace and Protection and I created the following dialog:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You may want to copy the top half of the dialog and work from there. Source can be found: https://github.com/peace-and-protec...83c7f6f17bbb73a2d27e4303/WEATHER.PPA#L55
2 68 Read More
Connection Issues Jump to new posts
Re: Unable to connect kap 17 hours ago
Great! I noticed you mentioned me and that you're online again in a message on ##mirc/freenode! Welcome back smile
5 46 Read More
Feature Suggestions Jump to new posts
Re: SSL certificate settings reverting to default. eahm Yesterday at 07:01 PM
Nice, thanks for pointing this out, I was checking right at that yesterday and I was like "why does this thing keeps changing?".
2 155 Read More
Re: RSS newsticker in native mSL (COM) kap Yesterday at 05:04 PM
The following seems to work, but is not elegant:
Code
alias _rssfin {
  if (($1 isnum) && ($urlget($1).state == ok)) {
    if ($com(a)) .comclose a
    .comopen a MSXML2.DOMDocument.6.0
    if ($comerr) goto error
    echo -ag Load into XML (slurp): $com(a,LoadXML,3,&bstr, &slurp) - $com(a).result
    if ($com(b)) .comclose b
    echo -ag selectNodes: $com(a,selectNodes,3,bstr,//item,dispatch* b)
    if ($comerr) goto error
    var %n $comval(b,0,selectNodes), %i 1
    while (%i <= %n) {
      ;echo -ag $comval(b,%i,xml)
      if ($com(c)) .comclose c
      .comopen c MSXML2.DOMDocument.6.0
      if ($comerr) goto error
      echo -ag Load into XML ($!com): $com(c,LoadXML,3,bstr, $comval(b,%i,xml)) - $com(a).result
      if ($com(d)) .comclose d
      echo -ag Title: $com(c,selectNodes,3,bstr,//title,dispatch* d)
      if ($comerr) goto error
      echo -ag $comval(d,1,text)
      if ($com(d)) .comclose d
      echo -ag Link: $com(c,selectNodes,3,bstr,//link,dispatch* d)
      if ($comerr) goto error
      if ($com(d)) .comclose d
      echo -ag pubDate: $com(c,selectNodes,3,bstr,//pubDate,dispatch* d)
      if ($com(d)) .comclose d
      inc %i
    }
    :error
    if ($com(a)) .comclose a
    if ($com(b)) .comclose b
    if ($com(c)) .comclose c
    if ($com(d)) .comclose d
  }
}
; https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3809401/what-is-a-good-regular-expression-to-match-a-url
alias _rssget {
  var %pattern https?:\/\/(www\.)?[-a-zA-Z0-9@:%._\+~#=]{1,256}\.[a-zA-Z0-9()]{1,6}\b([-a-zA-Z0-9()@:%_\+.~#?&//=]*)
  if (!$regex($1,%pattern)) echo 4 Invalid URL
  else noop $urlget($1-,gb,&slurp,_rssfin)
}

Code
/_rssget https://www.volkskrant.nl/voorpagina/rss.xml
1 34 Read More
Re: mIRC beta Khaled Yesterday at 03:02 PM
The latest beta is v7.61.367 and can be downloaded from here. It includes the following changes:

Beta v7.61.367 changes:
1.Item 11, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/266927
2.Item 10, updated.
3.Item 12, added.
4.Item 13, changed.
5.Item 14, updated.
6.Item 3, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/267074
Decreased frequency of polling.

Beta v7.61.159 changes:
1.Item 1, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/245917
Required significant changes to code.
2.Item 2, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/266935
3.Item 3, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/266791
Experimental. Required significant changes to code. Uses undocumented
Windows APIs. Only works on Windows 7 onwards. If any part of the
method fails, defaults to global Control+Break.
4.Item 4, updated.
5.Item 5, updated.
6.Item 6, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/266960
7.Item 7, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/266966
8.Item 8 and 9, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/266720
Required important changes to the regex and these identifiers,
so need testing to ensure changes are working correctly and are
backward compatible.
9.Item 10, updated.

Changes:
1.Changed how on KEYUP/KEYDOWN are processed. This affects the values
returned in $keyval and $keychar for combined key presses.
2.Reverted change to $cnick() so that it returns default values for
non-existent nicks.
3.Changed how Control+Break key is handled so that it will work only
when mIRC is the active application.
4.Updated PCRE regex library to v8.44.
5.Updated LibZip library to v1.6.1.
6.Added $width() and $height() sixth $true/$false parameter to enable
custom window-specific measurement.
7.Added support for irc hotlinks that uses the non-standard plus sign
prefixed port number format, such as +6697.
8.Extended $bfind() to support regex searches using:

$bfind(&binvar, N, M, [name]).regex

Where M is a regular expression when .regex is used. The name parameter
is the $regml() name.

9.Extended $regml()/$regmlex() to save result to a &binvar using:

$regml([name], n, [&binvar])
$regmlex([name], m, n, [&binvar])

When saving to a &binvar, returns length of the saved text.

10.Updated OpenSSL library to v1.1.1f.
11.Changed [ssl] certificate warning item name in mirc.ini to ensure
one-time reset to a new default value.
12.Added CAP support for setname. This is automatically enabled if
available and will cause the server to send the setname event to the
client when users change their full name. Events are not shown but
are triggered as RAW events.
13.Changed IRCv3 CAP support of draft/label and draft/labeled-response
to label and labeled-response.
14.Updated colors dialog, control+K dialog, and /color command to
support color indexes 16 to 98.
1 180,850 Read More
Re: twitch audio command KubosKube Yesterday at 09:05 AM
Code
/splay -cwmpq [filename | stop | pause | resume | seek | skip] [pos]

You can try "/help /splay" in mIRC to get more info.

Assuming you're using Glitch.com as a script editor, and running the scripts locally on your machine, you just need to know the filepath and filename of the sound you want to play.

Let's assume you want to play Laugh.mp3, so you just need to know the filepath. Let's say you copied the sound file into your mIRC folder and placed it in the folder named "sounds", so your filepath would be

Code
$mircdir $+ sounds\Laugh.mp3

Then you just use /splay...

Code
/splay $mircdir $+ sounds\Laugh.mp3

I've never heard of Glitch.com before, but assuming it's just an editor for mIRC scripts, I thought I'd bring up MSL Dev, the mIRC Script Language Developer.
[Click here to get it for Windows or Linux]
It's a very robust and colorful editor, with it's only shortcoming being that it hasn't been updated since 2013, but even then, I still use it today.
1 20 Read More
Re: help evaluating dynamic variable names beer Yesterday at 02:02 AM
Thank you for clarifying this! The examples given here make it much easier to understand. smile
5 62 Read More
Re: Looking for translator pony 05/04/20 02:19 PM
hey man,, THANK YOU THANK YOU THAT YOU (Y)
2 68 Read More
Re: my on input event help RiMaJoy 04/04/20 08:22 PM
damn ..... i forgot to add the alias for the $p. whistle cry

1 50 Read More
Re: $file().mtime granularity in mcroseconds Wims 04/04/20 03:38 PM
Agreed, these kind of changes need to go together, if you get such a value in .mtime but you cannot convert it to a date/time with $asctime, it's not so useful.
4 76 Read More
Re: on active - restricting window focus Khaled 04/04/20 12:37 PM
is it possible to create modal custom @window?

No, this is not possible. As for simulating it, even if you did find a way to make it work with on ACTIVE, it will likely break in a future version as it is not designed to work in this context. You will need to find another way to do this.
1 36 Read More
Window/tab on Highlights eahm 03/04/20 11:40 PM
While I have a script now (https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads....ow-on-highlights-and-mentions#Post267048) I think it would be an awesome feature to add to the default mIRC options.

What do you guys think, I would like to see an option on mIRC Address Book > Highlight > $me > Edit Highlight.
0 45 Read More
Re: /scrollwindow Wims 03/04/20 09:00 PM
It's based on /findtext to scroll to the line, but /findtext is extremely limited and doesn't allow you to accurately get the Nth line visible, it can fail on multiple line being the same.
4 94 Read More
QW.PPA - Addon for Peace and Protection 4.22 kap 02/04/20 05:42 PM
Not sure if there are any PnP users left, but I just finished a rough draft of a Q bot utility addon for Peace and Protection (Quakenet). It's usuable and feedback to make it better would be appreciated.

Can be obtained by downloading the zip file from https://github.com/peace-and-protection/PnPAddons422

Cheers!
0 27 Read More
Re: Timer -h issue? Khaled 02/04/20 01:33 PM
Is it expected that -c affects timer with an inverval of 0? If so, do you think these results looks correct?

Yes. The reason is the same as mentioned in my previous reply. You are pushing the scripting language to its maximum processing speed. At that point, everything will have an influence, from memory allocation, fragmentation, caching, Windows timer inconsistencies, file access, network access, windows messages, other features being checked/triggered/processed in the background, and so on. The best you can hope for in this context is an average consistency with outliers.
3 168 Read More
Connection Issues Jump to new posts
Re: Cannot make mIRC load external SSL DDLs eahm 02/04/20 09:39 AM
I was just about to reply, it only needed the file "vcruntime140.dll" from the VC++ 2017 runtime.

Thanks for the reply.
2 60 Read More
Re: pvoice issue/bug or it's just me? Khaled 02/04/20 09:02 AM
The pop/pvoice delay parameter was added long ago when disconnections were more of an issue. The purpose of the delay option is to stagger op commands so that they are not all sent at the same time. The delay is limited to a maximum of 15 seconds (versions.txt 24/10/1995 mIRC v3.72) and is randomized based on the number you specify. If you want to delay it for longer than that, you should use /timer. I will be updating the help file to clarify the purpose of the delay parameter in the next version.
1 51 Read More
mIRC Help Jump to new posts
extended script when someone subscribes? dah 02/04/20 12:18 AM
Okay, I've got a subscript that I use for twitch for the chatbot that I use. I saw someone continue their sub with an extended sub and my message didn't trigger to thank the user for subscribing.
Could someone out there in the coding world help me out, please? Here is the current script I use

raw USERNOTICE:#umadbrahlive:{
if (($msgtags(msg-id).key == sub) && ($msgtags(room-id).key == 147554495)) {
var %nick $iif($msgtags(display-name).key, $v1, $msgtags(login).key)
var %sub-plan $replace($msgtags(msg-param-sub-plan).key, 1000, $chr(36) $+ 4.99, 2000, $chr(36) $+ 9.99, 3000, $chr(36) $+ 24.99, Prime, Prime)
msg $1 /me bingOMG bingHey █ NEW SUB █ bingHeart bingHype Thank you %nick for subscribing with a %sub-plan Sub! bingPat
}
if (($msgtags(msg-id).key == resub) && ($msgtags(room-id).key == 147554495)) {
var %nick $iif($msgtags(display-name).key, $v1, $msgtags(login).key)
VAR %sub-plan $replace($msgtags(msg-param-sub-plan).key, 1000, $chr(36) $+ 4.99, 2000, $chr(36) $+ 9.99, 3000, $chr(36) $+ 24.99, Prime, Prime)
msg $1 /me bingOMG bingHey █ RESUB SUB █ bingHeart bingHype %nick has just resubscribed for $msgtags(msg-param-cumulative-months).key months in a row with a %sub-plan Sub! bingPat
}
if (($msgtags(msg-id).key == subgift) && ($msgtags(room-id).key == 147554495)) {
var %nick_from $iif($msgtags(display-name).key, $v1, $msgtags(login).key) , %nick_to $iif($msgtags(msg-param-recipient-display-name).key, $v1, $msgtags(msg-param-recipient-user-name).key)
VAR %sub-plan $replace($msgtags(msg-param-sub-plan).key, 1000, $chr(36) $+ 4.99, 2000, $chr(36) $+ 9.99, 3000, $chr(36) $+ 24.99)
msg $1 /me bingOMG bingGift █ GIFT SUB █ bingHeart bingGift Thank you %nick_from for gifting a %sub-plan sub to %nick_to $+ ! bingPat
}
on *:TEXT:*subscribed*:#umadbrahlive:{
ELSEIF (%msg-id == sub) {
ELSEIF (%msg-param-sub-plan == Prime) MSG $1 tatPrime %name just subscribed with Twitch Prime! tatPrime
}
}
}
0 44 Read More
Re: No such nick event trigger? Stephen 01/04/20 11:55 PM
raw 401 event works for this just tested

also 403 works for channel where the channel does not exist and 404 works when no outside messages mode is set on the messaging channel.
1 32 Read More
Re: userlist clean up Stephen 01/04/20 11:19 PM
I figured out a way to do it. its not pretty but it works.

As I have the scene script running which creates a nick.ini file. As the file is updated each time the person joins etc the file should never be out of date. So if I take the ones that have not been updated in a month and create a text file of the names using dir /b >purge.txt then at the top line I put in the total number of lines.

The script then becomes

upurge {
set %purgecount $read(purge.txt,0)
:next
if %purgecount == 0 goto done
set %upurge $remove($read(purge.txt,%purgecount),.ini))
if %upurge == $null halt
/ruser %upurge
dec %purgecount
goto next
:done
}

the set reads the first line which is the total number of lines, the working backward grabs each line removes the .ini extension and does a /ruser the count is decreased and it runs again until the count hits 0.

I ran this with over 1,803 lines and it worked removing users. Granted there were a great deal of no such user messages. but it functioned to remove any of the ones found.
1 62 Read More
twitch audio command kirtym 01/04/20 03:22 PM
i making a mirc bot for my twitch channel so i was wondering anyone know the code that i can use so that when i use a specific command, a audio file will play smile
0 20 Read More
Re: adding a visual counter on a %loop Wims 31/03/20 08:00 PM
If you want display a counter and you expect hundreds of matches over 35000 lines, echoing one line to a window is not very good, you could use a dialog and a text button that you increase, or a picture window allow you to create your own progress bar, or simply display the number.
9 167 Read More
Re: on keydown bug Wims 31/03/20 01:30 PM
Right, sorry I forgot about that.

Ok for printscreen, indeed.

Google is full of problem with ToAscii/ToUnicode killing/destroying dead keys with the exact same situation I'm describing.

It looks like the suggested workaround is to call the ToUnicode function twice with the exact same parameter, to eat any dead key if any.
You may be already using some kind of system like this for it since it does cycle between triggering on keydown and not triggering it, except it does it on the wrong keystroke.

However, as I've said, one cannot rely on $keychar (or $keyval anyway) in the on keydown event to get the resulting characters.
I was going to suggest that $keychar should probably be set only on the second key press of the dead key there, which mIRC could do, but I'm not sure it should, again even I knew I pressed a dead key and a vowel, i wouldn't know what to do based on the keys, msl doesn't provide the necessary tool to do the job, and I'm not asking for it, rather, I really hope you can add a new event which would trigger for WM_CHAR messages, what do you think of such feature?
5 1,133 Read More
Re: /logview command TECO 30/03/20 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by TECO
Hi Khaled,
To help you I created a new video, where I show that I am connected to 2 networks and I switch between the two networks and where I open @windows and that when closing them, the Window folder is collected.

I also made an example with the sort buttons option active / disable and you can see that the @AAA window is always at the top as if it were in alphabetical order.

I hope again to be helping you.

video address: Video Record 2

Hi Khaled,
as I showed in the second video I made, there are a few more details that I detected. The problem with the Window folder collecting all windows, happens whenever we are in more than one network.

If we execute the command on the first network: //window -znkg1 @Test (when closing the @Test window) all other windows in the Window Folder are collapsed.

If we execute the command on the second network: //window -znkg1 @Test (when closing the @Test window) the remaining open windows in the Window Folder will be expanded.

I tested the new beta version 7.61.159 and the problem continues.

Hug!
14 399 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3