mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Threads | Unanswered Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past Week | Past Month | Past Year
Scripts & Popups Jump to new posts
Re: Maximum length of line in an ini file maroon Yesterday at 01:16 PM
It doesn't appear that there's a realistic limitation. This example shows creating a test.ini that has more than 30k bytes because it's using a codepoint which encodes each character as 3 bytes:

//var %a $str($chr(10004),$maxlenl) $+ a | if ($isfile(test.ini)) remove test.ini | writeini test.ini section item %a | echo -a $readini(test.ini,section,item) | echo -a $file(test.ini).size

Any problem you encounter will probably relate to the $maxlenl value for the mIRC version trying to run your code, which is 10k now, but up through v7.52 was around 4k-ish.

As long as you're able to get your value string placed into a %variable, you should be able to /writeini it, and should be able to readini it unless you're moving an absurdly long string into a really long variable name.

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/265243/maxlenl-chars-vs-bytes mentions some issues it's possible to encounter unrelated to write/ini/readini, where sometimes $maxlenl is a character limit and sometimes it's the number of bytes. i.e. "//var %a $str($chr(10004),5000) | echo -a $sha256(%a) vs $sha256(%a $+ x)" returns the same hash twice because only the first 100+$maxlenl characters are being hashed so neither is for the 5000 char string, and there's a line-too-long error for "//var %a $regsubex(foo,$str($chr(10004),5000),,,&v) | echo -a $bvar(&v,0)" when the number of characters exceeds 100+$maxlenl, which at the current version is changing 5000 chars to 3447 or higher.
1 40 Read More
Bug Reports Jump to new posts
Re: Getting wrong GMT - $asctime($ctime,HH:nn:ss zzz)) maroon Yesterday at 12:39 PM
The testing I did back then was done in thread https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/265145/gmt-number where I was looking at the time-of-day being correct, and I did not test zzz at all.

That thread included https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/265267/re-gmt-number#Post265267 where Khaled mentioned fixing a DST bug related to zzz but didn't describe what that problem had been. Perhaps that fix had gotten reverted later in the thread when the TimeAPI changed.
7 225 Read More
Re: .timer bug _entropy 28/07/21 09:47 PM
Yes! I found out it was a script running on my mIRC that auto unbanned everyone after 2mins!

Sorry for the false alarm folks!
3 97 Read More
Re: How to call a profile using !view <nick> ??? raycomp 28/07/21 05:10 PM
Thank you Wims for being willing to help others. One last question if I may?

I want to prevent users without a profile to access other profiles, I have tried various ways without success the last above your code below seems to allow users with or without a profile. Any ideas?

on *:text:!view *:#: {
;check if having profile======================

if ($2 != $null) {
if ($ini(info.ini,$2) != $null) var %nick $2
else {
msg # Sorry you nust have a profile to view other profiles... Type !setup to do so
return
}
}
elseif ($ini(info.ini,$nick) != $null) var %nick $nick
else {
msg # Sorry you nust have a profile to view other profiles... Type !setup to do so
return
}

; ====================

: your code to view regardless of having a profile

on *:text:!view *:#ChanName:{
;the code will use the variable %nick for the profile, either set to $2 or to $nick
if ($2 != $null) {
if ($ini(info.ini,$2) != $null) var %nick $2
else {
msg $chan Error: no profile for the nickname $2
;after an error, you don't want to keep going with the profile so you /return, using /halt is not necessary and can have consequences on the rest of the loaded scripts
return
}
}
elseif ($ini(info.ini,$nick) != $null) var %nick $nick
else {
msg $chan Error: no profile for the your nickname $nick
return
}
/notice $nick * * * Profile for %nick * * *
/notice $nick *
/notice $nick Age: $readini(info.ini,n,%nick,Age) - - - Gender: $readini(info.ini,n,%nick,Gender) - - - Location: $readini(info.ini,n,%nick,Location) - - - Role: $readini(info.ini,n,%nick,Role) | /notice $nick *
/notice $nick Description: $readini(info.ini,n,%nick,Description)
/notice $nick *
/notice $nick * * * End of profile * * *
}
}

13 11,307 Read More
General Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: mIRC In Dark Mode ? rexbinary 27/07/21 10:34 PM
Those settings don't impact the UI though unfortunately.
2 2,325 Read More
Feature Suggestions Jump to new posts
$remove for &binvars _entropy 26/07/21 09:45 PM
It would be nice to have a $remove to remove a string from a binvar...

usage: $rembinvar(&binvar,token,32)

would remove "token" from binvar!

Thanks!
0 56 Read More
Re: A little help with the Timer Mak453 26/07/21 07:34 AM
First of all, thank you so much for your help!

What can I say ... I just tried it and yes, it was exactly what I was looking for! It works great and exactly how it was meant to be.

Thanks again for your help and trouble, great job man laugh
2 102 Read More
mIRC Help Jump to new posts
Re: Quit Messages in Status Window Raccoon 22/07/21 02:14 PM
You can fix this sort of nicklist desync by typing the command /names #channel

If this is a bug that can be reproduced, please post a step-by-step guide in how to make it happen.
2 140 Read More
Re: on input hide results Epic 22/07/21 01:27 PM
If I understand your question correctly, then you want to hide the use of these commands from being displayed on the channels.
In this case, you need to install the "halt" command at the end of the script. More on this here: https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/mirc/commands/halt or https://www.mirc.com/help/html/index.html?halting_text.html

Code
on *:INPUT:*:{
  if ($1 == !ifo) { .echo -a 00,04 cac222a  | .whois $2 }
  if ($1 == !sj) { .sajoin $2 $3 }
  if ($1 == !sp) { .sapart $2 $3 }
  halt
}
2 111 Read More
Re: color-copy line bug Raccoon 20/07/21 02:03 PM
I think this has always been the issue with trailing control characters (or at least certain ones) that don't amount to anything in the copied line. It has to do with Khaled's truncated line copy code, which does its best to reformat control characters from partial copies so that they still make sense and WYSIWYG. I'm not sure if Khaled can detect when a full line is selected so that it can forego this format kungfu and smack the raw text into the clipboard. Maybe this just needs a new key combo like Ctrl+Shift + Select.
1 117 Read More
Connection Issues Jump to new posts
Dreaded 10053 Waynec 18/07/21 08:32 PM
Queenelsa a oper on undernet and others I am sure came up with something that works... not always but it helps to ease the pain. This is put in the remote ini .... not perfect but I will take what it does.

on *:START:.timerAnti-10053 -o 0 60 scon -at1 raw -q ping Q
on ^*:PONG:if ($2 == Q) haltdef

Wayne
0 57 Read More
/timer -eN - execute but don't modify Wims 17/07/21 04:36 AM
/timer -e currently will change the number of repetition of your timer, I'd like to see /timer -eN where N = 0 would be the default and the current behavior, and N = 1 would only execute the command, without changing the number of repetition, see https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/261738/
0 39 Read More
findtext in editor - loop from the beginning Wims 16/07/21 10:35 PM
In the editor when you search text with control + f, the dialog has no way to search upward in the script, I'm not sure if there's a shortcut similar to F3 to find the next occurence but up.
I would like to see a small improvement so that when he 'search in all files' option in unchecked, the search try to search from the beginning again.
0 71 Read More
Re: $wrap bug with colors (no break between colors) Khaled 15/07/21 05:37 PM
Thanks I have implemented a fix for this issue but it will need more testing. This should be in the next beta.
1 143 Read More
Re: Tabulation and display Wims 13/07/21 06:06 PM
Sure, but even in custom windows with -t tabstop, you have -M to chop at tabstop, which probably is the most wanted behavior in 2021, so as far as displaying ability is concerned that should be available for display in channel windows etc if tab are meant to be displayed. But I'd like to be able to get a tab displayed which does not alter the behavior of the rest of the display, $+(ZZZZZZZZZZ,$chr(9),ZZZZZZZZZZ) would display "ZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZ", not "ZZZZZZZZZZZZ".
In fact, as with most new features or change, it should probably keep the old behavior and command should get new switch addition, but I understand that's a lot of function, with some functions already have a lot of switch (/filter, /play, /echo..) where finding a letter that's not used in any wouldn't be fun, but using non letter as a switch is not new.
Having tabs getting displayed rather than not displayed whatsoever, I'm all for it, but the current behavior is too much of a change, extending tab to be displayed doesn't mean tabstop, /drawtext was enhanced that way and doesn't deal with any tabstop stuff, I'd like to get the drawtext behavior in channel window.
2 149 Read More
$regsubex and \0 Wims 13/07/21 01:51 PM
\0 in $regsubex is documented as reporting the number of matches but it actually returns the total number of captures made accross all matches.

I would like to see a new marker \@ for $regsubex which would effectively return the number of match.
0 51 Read More
Re: hidden window + new uncluttered menu Khaled 12/07/21 07:08 PM
Thanks this issue has been fixed for the next version.
2 125 Read More
Re: Quitting during /LIST results locked .txt Khaled 12/07/21 06:58 PM
What about if this is sent after 321:

//sockwrite -nt testSock :fake.name 322 $mnick #somechan 1 :[+nt]

That makes no difference here. I am still able to delete the channels.txt file after I click the disconnect button or use /disconnect.

If I try to delete the file before I click the disconnect button or /disconnect, explorer tells me the file is opened in mIRC.

The file is opened the moment a 321 or 322 is received, so it is locked at that point and only unlocked on a 323 or a disconnect.
7 241 Read More
Re: window border problem Khaled 12/07/21 06:48 PM
Thanks this issue has been fixed for the next version.
1 85 Read More
Re: Need a script to copy a certain part of text New_One 12/07/21 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Aeldwulf
It still isn't grabbing what is ONLY between the quotes.

Bot msg that popped up:
Code
<%Nickbot> Alert! Case #1 PC – CMDR Marcallus – System: "KOTENBU" (Invalid system name) – Language: English (United States) (en-US) (PC_SIGNAL)

what it copied:
Code
– CMDR Marcallus – System: KOTENBU (4Invalid system name) – Language: English (United States) (en-US) (PC_SIGNAL)

It should have only copied KOTENBU

hmm crazy Has to be a way, right? The message that comes up from Nickbot is always different, but it always has key parts that remain. like PC and the System: "name stuff here changes"

well if you make that //echo $gettok(Alert! Case #1 PC – CMDR Marcallus – System: "KOTENBU" (Invalid system name) – Language: English (United States) (en-US) (PC_SIGNAL),2,34) you will see KOTENBU , i don't know why its not working on you , maybe you should take the lastet version of mIRC v.7.66 or 7.65
try to make it like this to see what happen
Code
 on *:text:*:# {
if ($nick == NickBot) && (Alert! isin $1) {
msg Yournick(or #youchannel) i make a copy to $gettok($1-,2,34) 
  }
}
5 248 Read More
Re: fast display and scrolling Khaled 11/07/21 07:31 AM
I just tested your script and the behaviour is present in all versions of mIRC that support /fupdate, back to v7.52. /fupdate itself uses a timer, so the issue is your timer, the /fupdate timer, and key press messages, arriving at different times. I might be able to find a way around this for the next beta.
4 211 Read More
mIRC Help Jump to new posts
Re: Log File Issue Yorel99 09/07/21 09:00 PM
Thank you,

I think it was the transparency thing. I will see when I load Mirc again.

Once again, Thanks for the input
2 170 Read More
Developers Jump to new posts
Re: Valid +k(ey). Jigsy 07/07/21 03:31 PM
I've just realized that comma is probably another one since: /join #chan,#chan,... key,key,...
3 280 Read More
Strikethough Text. KindOne 04/07/21 09:57 PM
Can strikethough text be added to mIRC?

A few other IRC clients support strikethrough text. - https://defs.ircdocs.horse/info/formatting.html

Example:
Code
//topic $chan Can $+($chr(30),strikethrough text,$chr(30)) be supported in mIRC?

https://i.imgur.com/nljLQtn.png

Thanks.
0 88 Read More
Re: Weird issue with the word "global" Jigsy 02/07/21 05:07 PM
Ah, I see, it's a restricted term.
2 157 Read More
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14