mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Threads | Unanswered Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past Week | Past Month | Past Year
Bug Reports Jump to new posts
Re: $regml() /F and \G Khaled 14 minutes ago
Right, I think I see where the issue is in the regex code. I have made a change which returns the expected results for your regex examples. I have added these to my unit tests. This change will be in the next beta.
6 64 Read More
Re: Crashing in 7.77/Windows 11 Khaled 39 minutes ago
Yes, that's quite possible. Even when mIRC is idle, it processes a large number of events/features in the background that involve memory access/allocation/etc.
13 302 Read More
Scripts & Popups Jump to new posts
Re: Snotice TECO Yesterday at 08:57 PM
I didn't realize if your code is working or if I just wanted an opinion, but try it like this:
Code
on ^1:snotice:*:{
  if (*Client connecting* iswm $1) {
    if (!$window(@notice)) { window -lke @notice 516 200 2182 1134 }
    aline @notice $1 ($5) $6 $7 $9
    halt
  }
  else {
    if (Operserv iswm $1) { echo -a $1- }
  }
  haltdef
}
1 53 Read More
Re: check problem Khaled 12/07/24 06:51 AM
The property you are looking for is ".state" which returns the state of the checkbox:

Code
on *:dialog:xsys:sclick:4:{
  if ($did($dname,4).state == 1) { .echo -a 065 Activado }
  else { .echo -a 061 Desactivado }
}
Other observations:
You should have brackets () around the if statement comparison, followed by { } for the commands it triggers.
The "==" should have spaces around it to separate it from all other parts of the comparison text.
2 251 Read More
General Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Silent Install MstrControl 09/07/24 09:33 PM
Thanks.
2 193 Read More
Re: if else problem XGamerAMD 07/07/24 07:05 AM
thnx for that preciate
2 285 Read More
Developers Jump to new posts
Re: Languages / Translations Khaled 06/07/24 10:26 AM
I just thought I would add that Spanish and Italian translations are also currently in progress.

As mentioned in my previous reply, deciding which words to translate/leave in English can be tricky. It would be nice if we could compare different translations to try to maintain consistency between them. I am experimenting with Crowdin and may upload the resources for different translations there to see how that works and if it might make it easier for translators/users to provide feedback/updates/corrections.
8 1,171 Read More
Re: Activating Window MstrControl 04/07/24 11:03 AM
The
Code
.echo -q
was not on purpose. Honestly, I was a bit lazy when I wanted that script, so I asked GPT to write and he used “.echo -q” I didn't check it.
It's corrected now.
4 299 Read More
Re: VOICE on JOIN Epic 02/07/24 06:21 PM
It all depends on how you want the timer to work. To calculate in milliseconds, you must add the "-m" switch.

If you want to use seconds then: //timerX 1 60 echo -a 60 seconds have passed
If you want to use milliseconds then: //timerX -m 1 60000 echo -a 60000 milliseconds have passed

For a more accurate measurement of a short period of time, it is better to use milliseconds.
For example, if you want the timer to run for "1.5" seconds, then that would be equal to "1500" milliseconds.

More details can be found in the help documentation:

21 2,139 Read More
mIRC Help Jump to new posts
Ban/Quiet Fernet 01/07/24 02:22 PM
I'm trying to use this string to set a QUIET in my channel

/cs set +b ~q:nick!*@*

But it doesn't work.
Why?
Thanks
0 151 Read More
Feature Suggestions Jump to new posts
Re: $read switches: W and R TECO 29/06/24 10:57 PM
I would like to see this feature added as well.
3 1,675 Read More
Re: Hide Away Reminders Khaled 29/06/24 02:52 PM
There was a discussion about this here.

Brax makes some good points about the various hide options.

In this case, the away message serves an important purpose. As a compromise, I added the hide away reminder option to hide messages for 10 minutes in a very specific context, ie. in query windows during a conversation.

That said, this does mean that the feature will only work if you have enabled "Show away in active window" and you are in a query window at the time, which limits its usefulness. I will see if I can extend the contexts it works in, but it will still be hidden for 10 minutes at most.
5 543 Read More
Re: Mass deop (from a book) questions Khaled 28/06/24 06:09 PM
One other issue: since %deopv is being used to both iterate through $opnick() and in "/if (4 // %deopv)", after the "== $me" check skips your own nickname, it looks like %deopv and %deopn will be out of sync.
5 419 Read More
Re: mirc $duration issue Protopia 21/06/24 08:59 AM
I'm confused. 365 days is indeed 52 weeks plus 1 day. (52*7 + 1 = 365)

The help file says:
$duration(seconds,N)

Returns the specified number of seconds in a week/day/hour/minute/second format.

The N parameter is optional. If N = 2, the result does not include the seconds value. If N = 3, the result is in hh:nn:ss format.

If you are expecting "$duration($calc(60*60*24*373+3661))" to return "1yr 1wk 1day 1hr 1min 1sec" you are likely to be disappointed because it clearly states "week/day/hour/minute/second format" i.e. it does not include years.

I suspect that Khaled decided to stick with weeks because of the impossibility of handling leap years when you don't know which year(s) are covered.
1 267 Read More
Re: Timer -P interrupts the sequence of commands? Khaled 20/06/24 11:21 AM
I tried to reproduce your issue by creating a script that starts a timer and then randomly pauses/restarts it until it ends:

Code
test {
  %count = 0
  timerA -h 100 100 test2
  timerB -h 0 250 test3
}
test2 {
  inc %count
  echo count: %count
  if (%count >= 100) {
    timerA off
    timerB off
  }
}
test3 {
  var %v = $rand(0,100)
  if (%v < 50) {
    if (!$timer(A).pause) timerA -P
  }
  else {
    if ($timer(A).pause) timerA -r
  }
}

As far as I can tell, it's working correctly.

Did you add debugging information to your script, eg. using /echo, to see what is happening and when the timer starts/stops/pauses/is triggered?

If you can provide us with a small script along with a step by step description of how to reproduce the issue, we can then test it out to see if it is a bug or an issue with your script.
2 249 Read More
Re: LEVEL Simo 19/06/24 06:11 PM
whether or not someone can type in a channel depends on the irc server (IRCD) and the options on the irc server (IRCD) that has nothing to do with mirc.
1 199 Read More
Re: multi badnick ban Simo 18/06/24 08:52 PM
ok i found a solution and it seems to work as expected.
2 438 Read More
Re: Kick/ban user if on some channels Wims 18/06/24 08:21 PM
There's a typo in the code, I call the alias as isonanychannels but the name of the alias is defined as 'isonchannels' so you would have to fix that.
3 377 Read More
mIRC Help Jump to new posts
Re: mIRC 7.77 - Bitdefender SirYggdrasil 18/06/24 12:49 PM
A heads-up: after the latest update of Bitdefender, I have no issue installing mIRC 7.77, so they've adjusted their database now it seems. smile
3 556 Read More
Latest News Jump to new posts
mIRC 7.77 released Khaled 11/06/24 05:57 PM
Dear mIRC User,

mIRC v7.77 has been released today.

This is a small update that adds features and addresses a number of issues reported by users since the last release. It includes improvements, changes and fixes, including:

Added support for loading translated resources from language DLLs.
Updated all dialogs to support translated text.
Updated OpenSSL library to v3.0.14 and CA root certificates cacert.pem file.
Fixed $urlget() support for percent-encoded username:password format.
Added /dns -mn switches to specify name server/request records.
Fixed auto-op/voice/protect bug.
Added server login support for SCRAM-SHA-224/384/512 authentication.
Fixed $mid() maximum length bug.
Fixed while/if script parser single-line break bug.
Changed hyperlinks in dialogs to support tabbing.
Updated Treebar DCC Send/Get to show progress bar.
Fixed $zip() CRC check error for zero-byte files.

How to upgrade?
mIRC is distributed in an installer that installs mIRC on your computer for you. Simply download and run the installer from the download page on the mIRC website. Follow the instructions the installer gives to you. When upgrading all your old settings and scripts will stay as they were, if you want that. Read the questions the installer asks with care and nothing can go wrong. You will be chatting with the new mIRC in no time. If you get stuck or if you want to find out more about a certain feature, just click on a Help button or browse the Help file and you should find lots of hints to help you out.

Where to download?
As always, the latest version of mIRC can be downloaded from the download page on the mIRC website.

Registering mIRC
As you know, mIRC can be downloaded freely and evaluated for 30 days. If you find that you enjoy using mIRC, it would be great and much appreciated if you registered your copy. This licenses you to use your copy of mIRC and helps to support our continued work on mIRC. You can find out how to register here.

Full list of Fixes, Changes and Additions.
For a more detailed list of recent changes, please see the whatsnew.txt file. You will need to read through the help file to learn more about these changes and their impact. Some changes are obvious, some need getting used to - please take your time to play with them and see how they work. May we invite you to use these forums for all questions you might have? The forums offer great help with everything related to mIRC!

Thanks for using mIRC, have fun on IRC!
0 847 Read More
Re: !rules command JohnEricNO 11/06/24 12:13 AM
mIRC includes a /play command which plays a text file line by line.

Code
   on *:TEXT:!rules:#: play -n $nick rules.txt 1200

-n = send /notice instead of /msg
1200 = 1200 ms delay (to avoid flooding)

You can find the /play command in the help file.
4 611 Read More
Feature Suggestions Jump to new posts
Re: Support Windows dark mode Grimlakin 09/06/24 07:46 PM
As the new owner of an OLED display I would really enjoy a dark mode as well! any luck on this?
4 1,640 Read More
mIRC beta Khaled 09/06/24 07:18 AM
There are no betas available for testing at this time. Please download the latest version of mIRC from the mIRC website.
1 405,326 Read More
Re: Typo in Beta v7.76.5322 changes Khaled 09/06/24 07:11 AM
Thanks, corrected.
1 286 Read More
Re: Windows 11 24H2 Khaled 06/06/24 05:33 PM
I installed the 24H2 26100.712 pre-release version of Windows 11 and could not reproduce the above issue.

Since this is a beta version of Windows, it is very likely that the cause of the reported issue is that eg. a graphics driver is not working/is still being updated to work correctly with 24H2.

I have, in the past, spent a fair bit of time trying to track down mIRC issues in pre-release versions of Windows only to find that they were due to a Windows/driver bug/issue that was eventually resolved, so at this point I am going to wait until closer to this Windows 11 release date before testing it again.
2 475 Read More
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9