mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Threads | Unanswered Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past Week | Past Month | Past Year
Scripts & Popups Jump to new posts
Re: On start windows replace Epic Yesterday at 03:15 PM
Are you sure this should work when your client first starts up? What windows will your client replace if they are not already open at the first start?
In addition, there is an error in your example in setting the switches. Switches with the "-" and "+" sign must be separated by a space and they perform different actions with the inner part of the window and with its outer shell.

Could you describe in more detail what you would like to get and what result you expect from the created script?

More information is needed. It is advisable to describe the entire process from start to finish. Feel free to write a lot of text in your post.
This will help get into and think over all the details more thoroughly when creating a likely script for you. If of course there will be a possible solution to your problem.
2 55 Read More
Bug Reports Jump to new posts
Re: Nick colors "switch" randomly while chatting Raccoon 01/08/21 02:05 PM
I think your issue is actually more related to mIRC discovering a person's user@host only after they speak at least once, because the server you are using does not support `CAP userhost-in-names` and so the colorization is initially based on their nickname only, but not their nickname!user@host. After time goes on and you learn more and more of their user@hosts across multiple channels they share in common with you, the act of parting-and-rejoining the channels, by either you or them, will cause you to see them wearing a different color.

Rather than restarting mIRC, you can use the command `/ialclear` or `/ialclear <nickname>` then rejoin those channels to reset the colors to be based in the user's nickname-only.

If you used `/ialfill <channel>` in all channels you're in, that would populate each chatter's nickname!user@host into your IAL and then rejoining a channel you have in common with multiple users will cause those individuals to retain the nickname!user@host in the IAL cache, giving them different colors.

So, it's a tricky business. Maybe Khaled should let us choose how randomized nickname coloring is hashed. By nickname-only, by nickname!user@host, or by Session ID via $ial().id
3 80 Read More
General Discussion Jump to new posts
Being followed across name change?? Vund 01/08/21 11:56 AM

I can't find any way this is done so i came here to ask.

Recently I was chatting with someone while not in any room. The other person received a message from someone unexpectedly so they changed their name to something similar and the person messaged again.

I know sometimes some clients may show someone as they change their name but is it possible to search for variations of a name? The messages finally stopped when my friend stopped having a variation of the root name
ie: Original name: Chatter
BlahChatter
CrazyChatter

each variation got messaged until the name was completely changed. I'm not sure this is making sense, but i'm curious how that person was following each name change while not in any rooms.
0 30 Read More
Re: Maximum length of line in an ini file maroon 29/07/21 01:16 PM
It doesn't appear that there's a realistic limitation. This example shows creating a test.ini that has more than 30k bytes because it's using a codepoint which encodes each character as 3 bytes:

//var %a $str($chr(10004),$maxlenl) $+ a | if ($isfile(test.ini)) remove test.ini | writeini test.ini section item %a | echo -a $readini(test.ini,section,item) | echo -a $file(test.ini).size

Any problem you encounter will probably relate to the $maxlenl value for the mIRC version trying to run your code, which is 10k now, but up through v7.52 was around 4k-ish.

As long as you're able to get your value string placed into a %variable, you should be able to /writeini it, and should be able to readini it unless you're moving an absurdly long string into a really long variable name.

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/265243/maxlenl-chars-vs-bytes mentions some issues it's possible to encounter unrelated to write/ini/readini, where sometimes $maxlenl is a character limit and sometimes it's the number of bytes. i.e. "//var %a $str($chr(10004),5000) | echo -a $sha256(%a) vs $sha256(%a $+ x)" returns the same hash twice because only the first 100+$maxlenl characters are being hashed so neither is for the 5000 char string, and there's a line-too-long error for "//var %a $regsubex(foo,$str($chr(10004),5000),,,&v) | echo -a $bvar(&v,0)" when the number of characters exceeds 100+$maxlenl, which at the current version is changing 5000 chars to 3447 or higher.
1 81 Read More
Re: Getting wrong GMT - $asctime($ctime,HH:nn:ss zzz)) maroon 29/07/21 12:39 PM
The testing I did back then was done in thread https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/265145/gmt-number where I was looking at the time-of-day being correct, and I did not test zzz at all.

That thread included https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/265267/re-gmt-number#Post265267 where Khaled mentioned fixing a DST bug related to zzz but didn't describe what that problem had been. Perhaps that fix had gotten reverted later in the thread when the TimeAPI changed.
7 250 Read More
Re: .timer bug _entropy 28/07/21 09:47 PM
Yes! I found out it was a script running on my mIRC that auto unbanned everyone after 2mins!

Sorry for the false alarm folks!
3 112 Read More
Re: How to call a profile using !view <nick> ??? raycomp 28/07/21 05:10 PM
Thank you Wims for being willing to help others. One last question if I may?

I want to prevent users without a profile to access other profiles, I have tried various ways without success the last above your code below seems to allow users with or without a profile. Any ideas?

on *:text:!view *:#: {
;check if having profile======================

if ($2 != $null) {
if ($ini(info.ini,$2) != $null) var %nick $2
else {
msg # Sorry you nust have a profile to view other profiles... Type !setup to do so
return
}
}
elseif ($ini(info.ini,$nick) != $null) var %nick $nick
else {
msg # Sorry you nust have a profile to view other profiles... Type !setup to do so
return
}

; ====================

: your code to view regardless of having a profile

on *:text:!view *:#ChanName:{
;the code will use the variable %nick for the profile, either set to $2 or to $nick
if ($2 != $null) {
if ($ini(info.ini,$2) != $null) var %nick $2
else {
msg $chan Error: no profile for the nickname $2
;after an error, you don't want to keep going with the profile so you /return, using /halt is not necessary and can have consequences on the rest of the loaded scripts
return
}
}
elseif ($ini(info.ini,$nick) != $null) var %nick $nick
else {
msg $chan Error: no profile for the your nickname $nick
return
}
/notice $nick * * * Profile for %nick * * *
/notice $nick *
/notice $nick Age: $readini(info.ini,n,%nick,Age) - - - Gender: $readini(info.ini,n,%nick,Gender) - - - Location: $readini(info.ini,n,%nick,Location) - - - Role: $readini(info.ini,n,%nick,Role) | /notice $nick *
/notice $nick Description: $readini(info.ini,n,%nick,Description)
/notice $nick *
/notice $nick * * * End of profile * * *
}
}

13 11,352 Read More
General Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: mIRC In Dark Mode ? rexbinary 27/07/21 10:34 PM
Those settings don't impact the UI though unfortunately.
2 2,371 Read More