mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Threads | Unanswered Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past Week | Past Month | Past Year
Feature Suggestions Jump to new posts
$ctime(string).gmt maroon 03/10/19 02:40 PM
Related to $gmt(N) in this thread, would it be possible to have $ctime(date string) either recognize strings UTC or GMT, or have a .gmt .prop, which allows recognizing the date string as being a GMT time instead of local time?

//var -s %a Feb 29 2008 , 12:00:00 GMT , %b $ctime(%a) , %c $asctime(%b) , %d $gmt(%b)
//var -s %a Jul 29 2008 , 12:00:00 UTC , %b $ctime(%a) , %c $asctime(%b) , %d $gmt(%b)

$ctime(date string) is applying the correct daylight offset for the datestring. It ignores the GMT or UTC, so, but it can be complicated to obtain the correct N if %a is a UTC timestamp instead of local, without knowing how many hours to adjust the N in %a, depending on which time of the year the timestamp resides.

After the proposed fix, the example below should return N's being values which have zero remainder after dividing by 86400 regardless of the date or timezone rules.

//var -s %winter $ctime(1970-01-01 00:00:00) , %sb_zero %winter % 86400 , %summer $ctime(1970-06-01 00:00:00) , %sb_zero %summer % 86400
0 31 Read More
Initialization warning with filename maroon 29/09/19 05:21 PM
Initialization warning

When a script uses the .load command to load a script file, the 'Script Warning' window which pops up would be more helpful if it included the name of the script file being loaded. The dialog text includes the text 'if you know what this script does', without informing the user of the name of 'this script', or whether this is a reloading of a possibly altered existing script file, or is a script filename not currently loaded.

It could also be useful for the user to be informed which script originated the load command. I assume that, since timers can run local aliases, it would be possible to indicate the origin of a timer containing the .load command.
0 39 Read More
mIRC Help Jump to new posts
How to register a room name Starbie 25/09/19 04:18 AM
Hello, everyone, I am new to this forum and I am hoping I find here what I am looking for.

I am trying to find a way to register a room on mirc. I want it to be on undernet.

Can someone send me a help file on how to do this?
I have checked the help file within Mirc and Mircs website for answers then I found this msg forum.
0 35 Read More
Login problems Tawny 24/09/19 11:23 PM
I am using 7.1 mirc on windows 7 and starting yesterday when i click on the short cut to get on I get a grey status window on start up and the small option window as well but I cant log in on that page anymore. When I click on connect it opens a new status window for each name. I use two always and enter two different games always. On my short cut icon and on my task manager it shows multiple open status windows and the main mirc as well. How can i fix this back to normal please. it has never done this before.
0 134 Read More
Scripts & Popups Jump to new posts
List of mIRC Commands; If Aliased used Internally Raccoon 09/09/19 06:49 PM
Dear Khaled,

I am looking for a list of mIRC Commands that, if Aliased, mIRC will internally call the custom Alias as it goes about its business.

Example:

If a user scripts an alias for the command /join, which is an mIRC Command (not just an IRC Command), then mIRC will trigger that Alias whenever it wants to perform [any? most?] JOIN routines.
IE, whenever mIRC joins a channel due to Favorites or /server -j, it will call out to our new /join alias.

This effectively creates a "hook" in which the user can augment some of mIRC's internal behaviors.

Can we get an exhaustive list of these commands?

0 121 Read More
Favorites: Favorite Servers Raccoon 28/08/19 05:22 PM
I wonder about people's thoughts of a multi-server (auto-connect) feature presented under the Favorites dialog, separate from the mIRC Settings > Servers dialog.

The standard Servers dialog would be for configuring which servers mIRC knows about.

The Favorites dialog would establish which servers to automatically connect to, and well as which channels to automatically join.

This segues from my previous suggestion to enhance the Favorites dialog with a list of pre-defined channel suggestions, separated from a list of user-defined channel favorites.
0 158 Read More
New switches for $input: maroon 22/08/19 08:34 AM

1. Extend 'b' to 'b[N]' which allows optionally specifying the number of seconds to disable the buttons, with the default for 'b' remaining 1 second. A reasonable max seconds could be enforced if that would be appropriate. b0 would clear the keyboard input buffer as 'b' currently does, without any delay.

2. New switch 'F[N]' or similar which allows you to set Focus for which button activates when the spacebar or <enter> is pressed. 'F' or 'F0' would cause none of the buttons to have the focus, 'F1' and 'F2' would be 1st and 2nd buttons respectively. Any N greater than the number of visible buttons would be same as 'F0'. If is easier to have the N be required with 'F', that's fine.

These would allow making sure the user has more than 1 second to read an important prompt message before responding.
Also allows changing the default action away from the 1st button
Also allows requires something more than spacebar or <enter> to trigger a reply
Also allows ignoring the existing contents of the keyboard input buffer without a delay.

sendkeys shows that in the absence of the 'b' switch, $input currently behaves like clicking on YES when there's a spacebar or <enter> already in the keyboard buffer.

Code
//sendkeys $({,0) $(},0) | echo -a noop $input(test1,y) | echo -a noop $input(test2,y)
//sendkeys ~             | echo -a noop $input(test1,y) | echo -a noop $input(test2,y)

'b5' would allow 5 seconds for reading the prompt before accepting keyboard or mouse input. 'F0' would move the focus away from any of the buttons, requiring a <tab> before the spacebar or <enter> would activate a button.
0 125 Read More
collapsible if|else|elseif statements in editor kap 19/08/19 10:14 AM
Is it possible to (un)collapse entire if|else|elseif statements in the scripts editor so that it makes it easier working with large blocks of code?

Maybe any block of code...

I usually find myself porting code to and from an editor that can do this and even then I find the process cumbersome.

Edit: sorry, thread already exists...

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads....tor-collapsible-code-sections#Post265481
0 72 Read More
Remove <> around nick afterdeck 17/08/19 11:34 AM
Hopefully trivial one, is it possible to make guillemets around nicks optional?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
0 146 Read More
mIRC Help in Spanish exeCutive 15/08/19 11:55 PM
Hello everyone

Does the mirc help file exist in Spanish??

regards
0 98 Read More
Latest News Jump to new posts
mIRC 7.57 released Khaled 25/07/19 12:48 PM
Dear mIRC User,

mIRC v7.57 has been released today.

This is a small update that addresses a number of issues reported by users since the last release. It includes improvements, changes and fixes to a number of features, including:

Fixed OpenSSL issue that was causing R6034 error on startup for some users.
Updated OpenSSL library to v1.1.1c.
Changed /url, /run, and other features to use alternative method to open links.
Fixed STS/SSL server/port parsing bug.
Fixed handling of 64bit timestamp value for several features.
Changed $crc() to use larger read buffer with files to improve speed.
Fixed script parser bug that caused binary variables to be unset in some contexts.

How to upgrade?
mIRC is distributed in an installer that installs mIRC on your computer for you. Simply download and run the installer from the download page on the mIRC website. Follow the instructions the installer gives to you. When upgrading all your old settings and scripts will stay as they were, if you want that. Read the questions the installer asks with care and nothing can go wrong. You will be chatting with the new mIRC in no time. If you get stuck or if you want to find out more about a certain feature, just click on a Help button or browse the Help file and you should find lots of hints to help you out.

Where to download?
As always, the latest version of mIRC can be downloaded from the download page on the mIRC website.

Registering mIRC
As you know, mIRC can be downloaded freely and evaluated for 30 days. If you find that you enjoy using mIRC, it would be great and much appreciated if you registered your copy. This licenses you to use your copy of mIRC and helps to support our continued work on mIRC. You can find out how to register here.

Full list of Fixes, Changes and Additions.
For a more detailed list of recent changes, please see the whatsnew.txt file. You will need to read through the help file to learn more about these changes and their impact. Some changes are obvious, some need getting used to - please take your time to play with them and see how they work. May we invite you to use these forums for all questions you might have? The forums offer great help with everything related to mIRC!

Thanks for using mIRC, have fun on IRC!
0 794 Read More
New Version Update Check -- Beta Redirect Raccoon 06/07/19 12:09 PM
When starting mIRC just after a new version is released, the client will prompt you to download it, but beta versions of the client will direct you to https://www.mirc.com/beta.html which then redirects you to the empty beta thread.

Similarly, when clicking Help > About and then [Check for Updates], the beta client will direct you to https://www.mirc.co.uk/beta.html which similarly redirects to the empty beta thread.

Solution: New final releases should direct the user to https://www.mirc.com/get.html instead.
0 165 Read More
Latest News Jump to new posts
mIRC 7.56 released Khaled 06/07/19 09:01 AM
Dear mIRC User,

mIRC v7.56 has been released today.

This is a small update that addresses a number of issues reported by users since the last release. It includes improvements, changes and fixes to a number of features, including:

Added $urlget() identifier that downloads content from http/https addresses.
Fixed $regml().pos bug with multibyte characters.
Updated libraries OpenSSL to v1.1.1b, LibZip to v1.5.2, and PCRE to v8.43.
Reverted changes to $gmt(N) and $gmt(format).
Fixed $astime() and other time/date features applying DST incorrectly.
Changed time/date features to use threadsafe versions of CRT time functions.
Changed $encode()/$decode() to allow non-literal keys longer than 56 characters.
Fixed "try next server in group" option being incorrectly applied.
Changed time/date routines to use Windows APIs, allowing extended date range 1601 to 9999.
Changed /msg -switches support to enable backwards compatibility with certain BNCs.
Added /server [-key filename] to set private key file to use for an SSL connection.
Changed nickserv logon method to increase delay before triggering perform.
Changed status window connect icons to distinguish between valid/non-valid SSL connections.

How to upgrade?
mIRC is distributed in an installer that installs mIRC on your computer for you. Simply download and run the installer from the download page on the mIRC website. Follow the instructions the installer gives to you. When upgrading all your old settings and scripts will stay as they were, if you want that. Read the questions the installer asks with care and nothing can go wrong. You will be chatting with the new mIRC in no time. If you get stuck or if you want to find out more about a certain feature, just click on a Help button or browse the Help file and you should find lots of hints to help you out.

Where to download?
As always, the latest version of mIRC can be downloaded from the download page on the mIRC website.

Registering mIRC
As you know, mIRC can be downloaded freely and evaluated for 30 days. If you find that you enjoy using mIRC, it would be great and much appreciated if you registered your copy. This licenses you to use your copy of mIRC and helps to support our continued work on mIRC. You can find out how to register here.

Full list of Fixes, Changes and Additions.
For a more detailed list of recent changes, please see the whatsnew.txt file. You will need to read through the help file to learn more about these changes and their impact. Some changes are obvious, some need getting used to - please take your time to play with them and see how they work. May we invite you to use these forums for all questions you might have? The forums offer great help with everything related to mIRC!

Thanks for using mIRC, have fun on IRC!
0 787 Read More
Accent Bimbo76 04/07/19 12:21 AM
i want to no why if we have a accent in the file i want to download ,the download not working,(ex.éèà ' ¨^ etc.) this problem is Relay new and afirm to you my case UTF-8 is not check. If you want a exemple go on mp3quebec on undernet try to download a file with one of this accent,
I want to no if you got a solution about that Thanks !
I dont if a right place for my question ,if not please send to a right person we appreciate that and excuse my English
0 102 Read More
/aline -h[N] choose switchbar highlight color Raccoon 28/06/19 08:05 PM
Request to add a number parameter to /aline /cline /dline /iline /rline /sline commands, to support the various highlight colors.

-h0 = none
-h1 = message (default)
-h2 = highlight
-h3 = event

Also, update /window -gN documentation to include 3 = event color.
0 144 Read More
/hdel -w should suppress error messages Raccoon 28/06/19 05:55 PM
Request that use of /hdel -w should not raise an error if table does not exist.

Code
On *:DISCONNECT: {
  hdel -w foo $cid $+ .*
}
0 115 Read More
Please create OOP features and for loop in mirc :) roboirc 27/04/19 06:45 PM
Would love to see OOP features in mirc in the future like in other programming languages like C++, Python etc.

Would save on requiring tedious coding lines.

Also would love to have for loops in mirc also in the future! Thanks!
0 221 Read More
Greater floating point accuracy in $calc() Raccoon 20/04/19 07:24 AM
I would like to see extended floating point accuracy for outputs of smaller numbers that don't even 52 bit values. When working mostly less-than-zero values such as ratios and percentages, we are limited to only 6 digits of precision unless we arbitrarily multiply all of our values by 1 million or 1 billion in order to achieve a greater (useful) precision of the final product.

It would be nice to automatically have access to 12 digits of precision when working with smaller values, especially when they have to be multiplied with a previous product many hundreds or thousands of times. The errors do add up significantly, and it's rather painstaking to avoid.

Otherwise, if there's a library out there (in C++) that supports "big math" with huge numbers and infinite precision, I think many of us would really enjoy using that. $bigcalc() or something.
0 211 Read More
Favorites Network categories Raccoon 27/03/19 11:19 PM
You can specify Favorite channels for given networks, but there's no way to navigate them by network. All channels are mashed together without a dropdown menu or folderization.

I would also recommend making this dialog twice or 3 times as wide to display longer channel names and descriptions. I could add the network name to the description if nothing else.

I am willing to help curate your default Favorites list, if you're interested in free work.
0 259 Read More
Vpowerget sends DJMarc 27/03/19 08:17 PM
I have been using VPowerget to great success, but recently, it just started stalling and will only do one request at a time, if I manually right click at 'request now'. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards,
Marc
0 252 Read More
$read /write leave file handle open until return Raccoon 26/03/19 07:18 AM
As a convenience to scripters and to speed up reads and writes to files, I would recommend that mIRC keep file handles open until a script alias, event or thread completes. This would in effect give scripts that use $read() and /write all the benefits of /fopen without the tedious nature of /fseek, $fread, and /fwrite.

It would not be unusual for mIRC to keep a file handle open until a script thread completes its task (or errors out).
0 345 Read More
Forum suggestion. Redirect .htaccess short links Raccoon 18/03/19 01:53 AM
Dear Khaled, could you add this .htaccess file to your forums.mirc.com root?

Code:
RedirectMatch ^/?(\d+)$ /ubbthreads.php/topics/$1/#Post$1

I think I have that code right.
The idea is that links to:

https://forums.mirc.com/265211

get redirected to:

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/265211/#Post265211

This would be rather handy on IRC channels.
0 282 Read More
$dll() data parameter optional maroon 11/03/19 06:00 PM
/dll <filename> <procname> [data]
$dll(filename, procname, data)

Since /dll allows [data] to be optional, it seems reasonable that $dll() should also allow the 3rd parameter to not be present. This would allow procnames to receive a $null data without forcing a blank or dummy 3rd parameter. $dll(dllname,getdllversion,)

edit: looks like $dllcall is also requiring the data parameter be present.
0 207 Read More
Self Censoring of specific words... Julian_P 02/03/19 08:28 AM
1) Could mirc have a box which you could enter words so that the message would not be sent if it contained the censored word?

#schizophrenia on ircstorm.net is currently having a problem with a bot logging in every second with a new name and repeating the same line.

2) This feature would also be useful to prevent certain repetitive lines from being read out by the voicereader/ Speech.

thanks,
Julian P
0 341 Read More
Developers Jump to new posts
Unique Behaviors for Network Features Raccoon 26/02/19 02:53 AM
This thread attempts to document the unique behaviors that mIRC will exhibit in response to server and network specific supported features. Features are often expressed via ISUPPORT 005 numeric (type /raw VERSION), or via CAP LS, REQ, LIST handshake (type /raw CAP LS). There are other signals that mIRC picks up during an IRC session that modifies its behaviors in how it handles network specific features or idiosyncrasies.

The goal is to document all the various deviations of expected behaviors in order to anticipate and understand them better.

005 ISUPPORT

CPRIVMSG / CNOTICE

If CPRIVMSG or CNOTICE appears in the 005 ISUPPORT list, then any time you are an op or voice in a channel that you share with another user that you wish to send a query (/msg, /query, ctcp) or notice (/notice, /ctcpreply) to, the IRC command CPRIVMSG will be used instead of PRIVMSG, and CNOTICE will be used instead of NOTICE. These commands enable you, as an opped or voiced user, to bypass certain server restrictions for the number of users you can message in a short period of time, or how much text you can send to them in a short period of time, or whether you need to gain the user's permission first before you are allowed to send them a message... depending on server implementation.

Code:
mIRC v7.53 29-Nov-2018
21.Added support for CPRIVMSG and CNOTICE. If listed in numeric 005,
   PRIVMSG and NOTICE will be automatically upgraded for most
   outgoing messages if you are an op/voice on a channel and message
   a user on the same channel.

NAMESX

If NAMESX appears in the 005 ISUPPORT list, then mIRC will immediately issue the command 'PROTOCTL NAMESX' to request NAMESX support. This will enable multi-prefix support by telling the server to display multiple prefix in NAMES responses, ie, when joining a channel. Though mIRC doesn't display the multiple prefixes on the user interface, they will be tracked internally and be known to scripts using 'isvoice' and '$nick(#,%i,v)' etc when a user is both an op and a voice.

Code:
mIRC v6.17 17-Feb-2006
18.Added support for numeric 005 NAMESX token, indicating that
   mIRC supports multiple mode prefixes for a nickname in a NAMES
   list, eg. @+nickname.

I'm going to continue this document on Wikichip for now.
You're welcome to help.

https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/mirc/behaviors
0 524 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3