Thank you for the responses! For some reason, shortly after I sent my original question my connection problems went way down. I'm wondering if the last time I connected it was to a different server that isn't as fussy. I do find that when I am chatting, I have no problems.

Khaled:

First, thanks for mIRC, I've used and enjoyed it for years to keep in touch with my family and close friends.

Quote:
If you enable the "Check connection time out" option in the mIRC Options->Connect->Options dialog does that help? If it does not, other users find that they can resolve the issue by using a small script that sends a ping to the server every thirty seconds or so.

It was already checked on. Where can I find a small script to do that? Or, should I move back to an earlier version that sends the ping more often? I'd like to be sure to prevent this and to be able to help a friend with a similar problem and less ambition to get it fixed. smile

Handle_With_Care:

Thanks for the response, I'll look into trying different servers on the network I use all the time. I can get a list of available servers and try them one at a time too.