I had this error for the last 3 days... But it wasn't limited to mIRC, everything was getting disc every few seconds... Surfing to a site had me clicking refresh for about 5 times sometimes...

Checked for spyware and did a virus scan... Then I checked my router config and saw I was syn flooding... So from there I got help and it was easy to figure out...

Probably not a solution for most people in this topic, but if you encounter similar problems, just do this:

Start > run - type CMD and press enter.

Then in command type: netstat -ano

If you see a long list with syn_sent in the 4th column you need to check the number that's under PID for that row.

With that number in mind press CTRL-ALT-DELETE and go to processes, make sure you can see the PID in that tab (if not, go to VIEW > Selec Columns [Or something] and CHECK PID there). Then check and see if you see the PID you saw in CMD and check the process name... Write it down and kill it, then look for the process name on the web to find a way to get rid of it, or hunt it down yourself...

Mine was called soundys32.exe and I was unable to find that file on my PC, even though process explorer pointed me to windows\system32, nothing there... With hidden files enabled ofc.

Blah, just thought I would share, I got pissed of that my pc kept losing connection to the internet, first I thought it was just mIRC, then I noticed MSN kept relogging too and I couldn't browse at times. The weird thing was that World of Warcraft would stay logged in no matter what!