"Anyone else with a similar problem - see if you can get v6.03 from somewhere. It works, even if later versions don't!"

I think it's unfair of you to advertise downgrading and making it sound like some wonderful new program heh. v6.03 contains bugs and has less features, as well as being susceptible to a DCC exploit (unless you want to ignore all DCCs which defeats the object of receiving anyway).

Let's also not forget that MANY people have absolutely NO problem with DCC sending or receiving in mIRC 6.14 (me being an example), and those that do often get their issues sorted with help from this board (without having to downgrade). By telling people to downgrade, you undermine our efforts. Downgrading will also cause much more difficulty in getting help due to people automatically assuming users have the latest version - help channels will often simply tell a user to upgrade to 6.14 rather than to help them with an older version.

Therefore, I don't think it's particularly constructive to tell people who have DCC issues to downgrade smile

To people who DO have an issue with DCC in 6.14:
use the Forum Search feature to see if your problem has been covered before. Expand to 'All Forums' and 'All Posts' and use appropriate search terms. Make sure you read all of this thread too as it contains just about every suggestion possible. If you can't find anything, post a new thread in the appropriate forum (or post in this thread) including your mIRC version, operating system (i.e. Windows 95/98/XP/ME etc), what error message(s) you're receiving, any settings you've changed recently and anything else you think is relevant.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris