Originally Posted By: LostShadow
I guess I could use a link, since you seem to be talking about something specific.

Standard etiquette rule: listen to what ops tell you.

Originally Posted By: LostShadow

And nice conspiracy here - trying to get me to break an additional channel rule by private messaging an op.

That isn't a conspiracy, it's again, standard etiquette. You're expected to act like a mature human being. When you have a problem with somebody in real life, you talk to them privately first before you take a bullhorn to your rooftop and start screaming about it, don't you?

Frankly, if you didn't just get the hint in me asking you to take this up privately, you must really be slow.

Quote:
Note that there are several ops involved, 1 traditional IRC etiquette rule is (which you may not agree with me) is that any IRC op or channel op is responsible for their own bans and not others.

And that is the case. It turns out, though, that you have made many ops equally responsible for your ban because of your constant troublemaking.

Quote:
It's a good thing I used the /. Had to be 1 or the other. Official in terms of Efnet? Most like not. Official to mIRC.com?

"Not official" means not official. Meaning, in plain english-- we are not the official channel. Pick any context you want, I just gave you the blanket statement.

The only official place for support is technically this forum.. the IRC channels have been setup by enthusiasts. Khaled doesn't check up on us, and we're not on any sort of payroll.. thats as unofficial as it can get.

We help people out of our own will to give others extra support for the client-- and as ops we only make the small request that people listen to us to our respective channel rules, be it on EFNet, Quakenet, Undernet, Dalnet, or some small network. These rules may vary from network to network and may sometimes vary from op to op, but you are free to leave if you do not like the rules imposed on you. You are *not*, however, free to continually annoy the ops by refusing to listen to their rules, however wrong you may think they are. This is a cultural thing, and applies not just to #mIRC on EFNet, but to all channels on all IRC networks, and I won't patronize you in explaining how this also applies to your real life. I'm hoping you already know that.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"