Originally Posted By: argv0
Originally Posted By: beer
It's foolish to question support of fish and DH considering how widely used it is.

Perhaps you should try paying attention. I wasn't questioning the support of the BLOWFISH ENCRYPTION ALGORITHM. I was asking you to name IRC programs that implement blowcrypt (a specific "protocol").

My statement referring to apps supporting fish was not specific intentionally to point out how widely used it is. Perhaps you should take your own advice and pay more attention. And for the record, I did exactly that.. By all means, please point out where you explicitly asked about "IRC programs that implement blowcrypt":
Originally Posted By: beer
Further, it doesn't take an exceptionally intelligent mind to understand the reason so many other apps now include this stuff

So many? Name two. (by "this stuff" I assume you mean blowcrypt)

[...useless text removed...]

Since you brought it up, however, the reason those apps include encryption mechanisms is because they are security tools (exception of TIVO DVR's). This is an idiotic comparison.

I am not comparing irc clients and security tools. I am not comparing any type of software against another. That's nothing more then an idiotic assumption on your part, with absolutely no merit behind it. I said a lot of apps support fish, you requested I name 'at least two', and I played your game. As has already been pointed out to you, "my statement referring to apps supporting fish was not specific intentionally to point out how widely used it is." I would hope that isn't too difficult of a concept for you to follow.

You do realize that even the *scripts* people use for blowcrypt implementations are 2009 or older, right?

True or not, that has no relevance what-so-ever. Fish encryption is widely used. That's fact. Fish encryption is something users have consistently requested be a part of mirc's core. That's fact.

In closing I'll say quite simply that your lack of knowledge, refusal to do your own homework, and your resistance to the truth is nothing more then your problem. I'm not particularly motivated to help those who willingly choose to be ignorant or want to argue just for the sake of arguing because they have nothing better to do. This is in fact an internet message forum, I probably shouldn't have expected any different.