Originally Posted By: hixxy
I'm not arguing against the addition of encryption/fish, I'm trying to explain that there are existing, efficient methods of doing this.

The issue isn't whether or not preexisting alternate methods exist, it's whether or not Mirc will have this feature included in it's core.

Quote:
Khaled said that this was on his todo list nine months ago so it's probably not coming anytime soon.

I was unaware of that. Good decision on his part.

Quote:
"- Does implementing the request involve an unreasonable amount of time, effort, or resources? No."

You would need access to the mIRC source code to be able to say that with any certainty.

With absolutely certainty, yes. However, you can make a pretty good guess with just a basic understanding of how to implement such a feature. It's likely easy on a scale of very easy-to-very difficult. But it should neither require any major effort nor be very difficult unless Mirc is designed to be exceptionally limiting and handicapped... Something I seriously doubt.

From a code perspective, this stuff isn't anything you'll lose sleep over. It's just not that mountainous or challenging of a task 99%+ of the time. I'd guess that the only reason it hasn't happened yet is Khaled has other things on his TODO list which take higher priority.