I'm not talking about receiving a file, when you received a .mrc you have to/loar -rs it, I'm referring to the "type .......... to stop spam!!!" messages. It seems that people have been smart enough to find things like matrix.ini in their mIRC directory, but for the most part users are told NOT to edit their registry unless they know what they are doing. My guess would be that users who would type such a message do not know enough to start playing around with the registry. Therefore if one of those "no spam" messages contains code that tells it to execute something in /regwrite, it would be a lot harder (and less safer) for the user to go digging around to try and find the problem than it is to look in the mIRC directory to find a new script file. Just a quick example, I have a "no spam" line that adds something to the autorun section of the registry telling it to launch mIRC with a few commandline flags that make it run minimized (and of course since I have registry access it also sets mIRC to minimize to the tray making it less noticable), and it loads a script that performs malicious acts. Unlike the typical "no spam" script where once you delete the bad script file you are fine, that won't help you in this case because the file will be regenerated when Windows restarts and the registry line is executed again.