Quote:
The Bug Report forum lists down many many bugs, you can't expect Khaled to read them all. He did fix some of the bugs in the Compiled thread though, give Khaled time.

Let us not forget that in the process of fixing those bugs he introduced approximately 5 new bugs.

Quote:
I am sure, you will get used to the new toolbar icons in time. I have gotten used to it.

I doubt it, if I ever do upgrade from 6.03 (which is doubtful) it will only be after I complete the dll I'm writing that will remove all the little 6.1 "fixes." I've already gotten the menus back to the way I want them, next step is to change the toolbar.

Quote:
Grayed text is Gray text because grayed isn't even proper spelling.

Well "grayed" is a word, if something is "grayed out" it means it has been made gray. Therefore "grayed text" is text that has been made gray. I.e. it is different than just "gray text." Gray text is the color you get ctrl+k+14, that's gray text, "grayed text" is text that has been made gray due to being disabled. In any case, this is where backwards compatibility comes in. When $paraN was removed, it wasn't like "*poof* $paraN gone $N appeared." $paraN first became deprecated in versions.txt and people were told to use $N instead. Then, several versions later, $paraN was gone. Why couldn't the same happen here? "grayed text" still works, but it is deprecated, then, say in 6.2 it is completely removed.

Quote:
You said that you are too busy to write a client, have you ever thought of Khaled? He has a life too. He probably goes out like anyone does. Working on mIRC is just his hobby, at the same time making money.

Well according to Khaled, it is NOT just a hobby. He specifically states in his FAQ, "mIRC is the way I make a living." Just as I don't feel "sympathy" for Bill Gates, nor towards the guy who packs my bags at the grocery store for not having free time, I don't feel bad for Khaled. He's a businessman, and he's in the business world, if you can't keep up, then you aren't successful, it's as simple as that as far as I'm concerned.

Btw, if I felt I were able to make the money I assume he makes from mIRC (basing this on the numerous pictures he has from all his travels all over the world) I'd find the time to make an IRC client.