Quote:
Everyone is free to make a suggestion, however to expect that only replies supporting it will be made wouldnt make much sense. A feature suggestion may be made with one intent from the poster, but general views on other issues surrounding that suggestion and other effects it could have do have merit. To say a feature could lead to blahblah by someone isnt a personal insult to whoever posted it. Just because someone doesnt like a reply, or points out bad aspects of it, there's no need to take it personally and take your rubber duckie and go home.

Mmm... well that's kind of an example of what I said. Don't you think there's anything at all negative in the tone of what you just said? My 'rubber duckie' as you put it is still very much in the water. And if people still want to agrue, I'm not in any hurry to leave. People implying I have criminal intentions in making a suggesion, or going on about morality, or their love of their President, or their loathing of him, or the Gulf war, or whether or not Evis faked his own death etc. are not all that helpful. Constructive cristicism is best when it's technical, and while there has been some of that, there has also been a lot of moralising and apparently contadicting statements too.

I can take the technical stuff, even though I think it could easily be listed as an advanced feature with all the appropriate warnings etc, but when people start making me out to be a hardend criminal for making the suggestion, that's where I daw the line.

We can agree to disgree on the technical stuff. But all this moral BS has nothing to do with me. So please leave me out of it.

Criminals (if that is what you like to call file traders) will find all sorts of ways to induge their interests. If you imagine that hyperlinking will one way or another help or disuade them, you are undoubtedly and very sadly mistaken. For legitamate users however, it would still be a nice feature - although certainly not one that warrants this much debate.

If it doesn't ever really get implimented, I doubt I will ever really care. It was just a suggestion. No one says you have to like it.

Q