Again, as I said we can only take our respective positions on this. Personally I think its perfectly possible to learn what is and is not sensible behaviour when I see a link, just as I have done on the Web over these last 10 years.

Quote:
I suppose the owners of 90% of the computers in the world use pirated operating systems then.

If you don't mind me asking, what has that got to do with the price of beans? That guy practically accused me of being a criminal, just because I said clickable links might be a good idea. All I did was correct his erroneous assumption. As you have highlighted, that's a bit like calling everyone who uses the internet a criminal. It is at the very least, way over the top.

In any case there is a lot of Windows software that is beyond the price range of many users - and whether you agree or not, I still think most of it is over priced.

Ultimately as I said these kinds of debates solve nothing, it is clear what your position is - and I am unlikely to change mine either. If users want to commit suicide by jumping into a 'black hole' ( quite overdramatic language in my view) without being fully aware of the concequences of what their doing, that should be completely up to them.

With regard to 'flaming', this thread certainly has a very acrid flaming tone to it, whether this was the intention or not, that is what has happend. You would have to be quite brain dead not to feel the hostility I have experienced here.

It is not impossible that this subject could have been discussed on a much calmer, much more logical basis, rather than bringing God, morality, America, the Gulf war, the DCMA and Lord knows what else into the equation.

If I knew such a simple suggestion, and one that would have very little impact on me anyway (since I am currently a very infrequent user of IRC) would cause so much open hostility I would never have made it.

Just calm down guys. It probably won't ever get implimented anyway, so I don't have a clue what you're all shouting about. It's just an idea. Maybe someone might see it and like it. In a free world that's totally up to them.

Q