First off the majority of the "bots" that are serving files are for illegal purposes only. So adding a "clickable" link would just improve easy of piracy and downloaing software illegally.

Secondly for the "clickable" links, if you are referring to soemthing as a webpage uses--I would never like to see that. As it is beginners to IRC click any and all links in a channel. They een copy and run code that when executed is harmful and/or annoying. Not only would peple be able to post malicious links, but also hide the *real* destination to that link. Ex:

Click here to join #channel!

Well, that joins #channel, easy and not too harmfule

Click here to join [link=http://wwww.hackers_r_us.com/kill_this/newbie.pl]#channel[/link]!

Now what? Some user click it and gets into more trouble than just an innocent join of a channel. As for a "clickable download" in DCC, how would mirc even gain the correct command to send one its clicked. Mirc would then have to walk (And store) every event and trigger in channels just so you can download your illegal movies a little biit faster. Sorry, but not in aggreance with that.

Quote:

There's not much chat going on in a lot of the channels I have visited. So if you want to moralize about what it is all all these people are doing when they visit these 'chat rooms' feel free.

As for that, people do go afk. I myself leave mirc on almost 24/7, and dont necciserly post a |away or [a] after myname, and do not spam "Hey, im away" every 2 minutes as some scripts deem it necissary. Also there are mirc scripts (bot) that peopel tend to let idle in a channel. There are many reason why a channel is not "Active".

I think i said my peace. If you have any questions, please hesitate to ask.

-KingTomato