Quote:
Personally I'm glad its not mP2P, as I don't like/use peer to peer, but suggesting that most people primarily use Mirc as a chat program is possible stretching things a little.

So because something is used for an illegal purpose means that that illegal purpose should be supported?

Quote:
There's not much chat going on in a lot of the channels I have visited.

Then maybe you're hanging out in the wrong places. Try kernel.dal.net, they have 18 thousand channels, of which NONE of them are for file sharing.

Quote:
So if this is your point, please take it up with the developers of the IRC network and not me.

Well I already have done that, however thats not the issue here.

Quote:
If this is indeed the wrong place to make these kinds of requests, please forgive me and redirect me to the correct forum section where I can reposr my suggestion.

Yes, this is the correct place to post a suggestion. However, when that suggestion is to advocate a crime, then there is NO correct place to post it.

Quote:
If making Mirc easier to use isn't a good idea, then I'm sorry.

Saying mIRC should make it easier to commit copyright infringment is like saying gun manufacturers should do everything they can to make it easuer to commit murder. If you suggested something to make CHATTING easier, I would have said it was a great idea. However, you suggested something to make THEFT easier.

Quote:
I won't ask again if I ever have another suggestion.

A.K.A "I'm picking up my marbles and going home!"
I (and I'm sure everyone else here) has no problems with people making suggestions, we encourage that. However, when those suggestions are made solely for things that will only benefit criminals and lead to a rise in the number of crimes, then you can't expect to be welcomed with open arms.