Quote:
Could just be me, but I'm kinda disappointed with 6.1. Given the fact that it took over a year to complete, I was hoping more features that had been requested would have been added. It seems like this was a bug fix release more than anything else. Out of the 166 changes, 64 of them are bug fixes. I was expecting to see more of the things that have been requested a million times, of which I really see none other than the $rawtext addition.

Agree. Though it's nice to finally see a new version, I thought it would never be released smirk

Quote:
Also the new "interface improvements" seem ackward and somewhat wrong. Like what is with the little "grips" next to the switchbar and toolbar? In every single other program I've ever seen, that means you can move the toolbars around, which I'd like to see, for example maybe I want the switchbar on top of the toolbar, however, in mIRC it appears they are just there for decoration.

Agree. I'd have prefered new icons throughout tbh.

Quote:
I do however like the new log button on the toolbar, thats much easier than going into the options dialog each time, but other than that, I don't really like any of the new GUI changes I've noticed so far.

Indeed.

Quote:
Oh and I especially hate that the checkmark to prevent the "about" dialog box from displaying each time you open mIRC was removed; that alone is enough for me to decide to stick with 6.03, at least for the time being.

Yeh, for sure. It's annoying enough to stop me using 6.1.. I registered Klient during the long wait for this version, so I can't really afford to register mIRC now... Not that I would yet because to me, it still looks like a Windows 3.1 app (icons/gui). Which is why I registered Klient instead ;o

Quote:
I'm not saying I hate the new version, some of the new features seem nice, I'm just disappointed. I'll probably learn to like 6.1 in the future, but for right now, I think I'm going to stick with 6.03.

Agree. Though since I run it only for my bot, which I hardly have to touch, I'll be using this version.