I am not being rude. Maybe you don't know what rude is. Please point out all the insults/name-calling I did in this thread? Oh you can't? Thats because it doesn't exist. And why the hell would I appologize if it gets added? That is probably one of the dumbest things I've heard yet.

Quote:
Have an idea for a future version? Post it here for discussion. Suggestions by users are often implemented in new versions of mIRC.

That doesn't say "Post it here and then everyone else will ignore it" or "Post it here, only if you want positive responses" or "Post here, but replies must only say 'good idea'."
I'm doing EXACTLY what it says, DISCUSSING. I am pointing out why I think it is bad, I never said "Khaled is an idiot if he adds it" if he adds it, that is his call. Nor did I say "You people are idiots for suggesting it." I merely stated why I don't believe it is useful. Furthermore I will NOT now nor will I EVER appologize to ANYONE for expressing my opinion. I value free speech more than anything else and I will NEVER appologize for exercising this right. I have no posted any insulting comments, I have not used any defamatory language, I simply voiced my opinion, and I don't think anyone should ever have to appologize for doing that.

As for seeking fights, it seems like you are the only one who mentioned anything along the lines of "fighting words" in this thread. You, unlike everyone else posting in this thread, felt the need to call me rude. And not just call me rude, you decided it was more appropriate to do this in the public forum rather than in a private message. Were you expecting me to say "thank you for this insult" of course not, YOU were expecting a fight.

Now back to the issue at hand, responding to people who are actually providing useful feedback.

Watchdog:
You misunderstood what I meant. I didn't mean people get mad when someone asks a followup question, what I meant is something like:
<user> hey how do I make mIRC send a notice out when someone joins a channel?
<op> ON !*:JOIN:#thechannel:{ .notice $chan hey! }
<user> thanks
* user left #help
* user joined #help
<user> what if I want it to say it to a nick instead of the channel?
<op> change the $chan to $nick
<user> thanks again
* user left #help
* user joined #help
<user> what if I want it to work on all channels I'm an op on?
<op> ON @!*:JOIN:#:{ .notice $nick Hey }
<user> thanks
* user left #help

That to me is much uglier than:
<user> hey how do I make mIRC send a notice out when someone joins a channel?
<op> ON !*:JOIN:#thechannel:{ .notice $chan hey! }
<user> thanks
<user> what if I want it to say it to a nick instead of the channel?
<op> change the $chan to $nick
<user> thanks again
<user> what if I want it to work on all channels I'm an op on?
<op> ON @!*:JOIN:#:{ .notice $nick Hey }
<user> thanks
That way it is a discussion, rather than a Q&A session which I feel is a better way to learn. Also, some channels have a "queue" where they +v people one at a time so not everyone is asking questions at once. Using /part in such a channel after asking each question would result in being placed at the end of the queue and having to wait again. Staying in the channel and asking the followup questions would not.