I didn't say discrimination is a lie, discrimination certainly exists. I said that the idea that webcams will lead logically to discrimination is made up. Why is it when use of webcams have ever come up on this forum, on other IRC client's forums, and for other protocols, no one ever uses the "it will lead to discrimination" excuse? Because it is bunk. No one has proved otherwise. When I said it could be done with a webcam and a website I was told that requires an understanding of HTTP. Since when? I setup a website with a php script that lets anyone just click the "upload picture" button and the picture is added. Where is the technical know-how in that? Oh and also, seeing as how the argument is you can fake your text, not your voice, I have a program that can turn a man's voice into a rather convincing woman's voice. I also have filters that can distort a voice, and things that can synthesize a voice from text. If you want to trick someone into thinking you have a different voice than you really do, it's not all that hard. Then people are saying how voice/video will be used for age/sex verification for ops. So this means that all channels will allow no one except mIRC users to be ops? Because I don't know of any other clients supporting video chatting. And some clients can't, i.e. terminal clients such as ircii, epic, bitchx, irssi, etc. People who use those clients will be disallowed from being ops since they can't verify their age/sex? Also what about people (and you can even see some here) who don't like to upgrade? Only people using the most recent version of mIRC will be ops? And people who like old/dead clients such as pirch will never be ops? I fail to see a link here. Then what about people who have a firewall and therefore can't dcc voice/video? Those people can't be ops either? I fail to see dcc voice/video leading to "if you don't prove you are male and over 20 years old, you can't be an op" because such a thing wouldn't be discrimination against women and young people, it would be discrimination against non-mIRC users, and I don't see that happening.

Could a webcam lead to discrimination? Sure. But should we ignore the feature simply because a few bad people are going to take advantage of it? I think not.