"Post a photo to www.mywebsite.com/ops-proof-pics.php with you holding a piece of paper with your nickname on it to prove you are really m/f".

The difference with intergrated support is the user requires very little knowlege in such things as HTTP webhosting and FTP file uploading, and JPEG image compression... so too much time and setup is required to expect many people to comply. Granted, some cult channels may already require this of their members, but it's far from the norm just yet.

Not having a Webcam or Microphone would simply lead to not being allowed as an op, or allowed to join the conversation. We presently deny the same rights to people who don't have an ident. If mIRC didn't offer an IDENT daemon, there would be no discrimination, and servers would probably not even perform lookups today.

Well this isn't exactly rapid pace. As I said, Kvirc has had it for years so this shows the system can work.

Well, this is the first time I've ever heard of Kvirc. I'm sure that its userbase is relatively small, and localized to specific voice chat channels on specific networks.

You say you've never heard users complain about it, have you ever asked? Lets find a voice chat channel on Kvirc and monitor their social patterns. I bet in the first day, I will identify at LEAST one user being discriminatory at another because of a trait identified only by their voice and not the words they spoke. It's extremely common on Yahoo Msgr where Voice Chat is _most_ prominent today.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!