Yeah I agree with Prizm, don't say because _people you know_ are prejudiced implies we all are. When I meet someone I form opinions on them based on the way they act, their level of intelligence, and their personality. Not based on their skin color, religion, the clothes they wear, or their gender. Don't over generalize things here. Furthermore, I've yet to hear anyone ever complain that the many IM programs with voice/video chat should remove it as it promotes discrimination. Webcams have existed for years and to my knowledge such issues never actually arose. This is an issue people on this forum created, and if thats not the case, show some proof of it? And even if you can find proof, I can find you proof that even without cameras and microphones it exists. For example, there are scripts that detect *.aol.com users and ban them on sight. Just because some users of AOL are stupid immediately implies they all are? Thats prejudiced. This is an issue that has occurred on IRC long before anyone proposed video/voice chat support. So it is clear that discrimination is going to exist regardless of whether you can see who you are talking to.

Until I see evidence to the contrary I'm going to believe the link between discrimination and video/voice chat is just a lie. And I doubt anyone can provide any strong evidence to prove me wrong.