As racoon stated I wasnt reffering to any ONE person but our society. Clothes (meaning mostly social standing) was merly one example. Theres literly hundreds of ways to discriminate against. I find that gender and sexual orientation are some of the more prevelent on IRC.

Racoon I agree with you and i object to anyone (female or a male pretending to be female) ebtering a certain gender dominated area and using the opposite gender to gain favors. I find it funny however that on irc men have no problem pretending to be women but would they do it IRL? I could just see some of them trotting down the street wearing a dress smile

One more thing Prizm why again am i "ignorant"? because you didnt agree with my view? If so is it bidirectional if I dont agree with yours?

Codemaster the statement was made as a whole if i meant you i would have named you personally. Im sure there are alot of people just like you who dont judge or go out of thier way to avoid it. However were all humans and as such we do judge. Even if its a lesser amount. As racoon stated why do we have designer anything and high dollar cars etc.. One method of denoting social standing is by possesions and those who would be considered by some to be higher up can and have looked down upon those who dont shop for example at Gap. But again thats only one area of discrimination theres many and theres many type of people. Noone on this board (or any board) can say they have actually met everyone on the planet and deduced the exact level of discrimination but we make generalizations based on our experiences. I dont want anyone to become angry or take any of this personal that wasnt the purpose of the post. Only that some people perhaps need to be made aware that it is real adn happens everyday. Only then can we stop it (well maybe slow it down)

As for your part about "..a lie" a lie? to be a lie this means the original poster would have to know for a fact that discrimnation based on ones appearance (or sound) is completly impossible yet claim it anyway. This would make it a lie. Aside from that its neither fact nor a lie its one persons belief based on thier own experiences. As for your evidence all i can really say is open your eyes. Anytime you ever see anyone judge another person based on thier appearance theres your proof. It doesnt matter if they saw them on the street or on a web cam its the same thing.

Last edited by Narusegawa_Naru; 10/07/03 06:38 PM.

Have Fun smile