Quote:
If the option of smilies is disabled (did you read it? disabled) then your mIRC is not going to be any (yes any) slower, since it's disabled. Gotta love those on/off switches.

There will have to be some kind of if statement to determine the state of that switch...

Quote:
What on earth are you talking about special strings?

I think he means a special way (some strange characters or so) to prevent "item : price" showing up like "item :tongue:rice", or reducing the likelihood of such occurrences.

Quote:
Huh? What kind of argument is that? Of course it's mixed with text, where else would the smilies be visible?

A channel window is not a picwin in mIRC 6.16, not because Khaled actively refuses us the possibility to draw lines all over our backlog, but because it's a lot easier and faster to code and to execute that code. Scrolling back in some channels where people drown their messages in color codes is already slow on my computer, I'm afraid graphics will not improve that.

Quote:
Think of it as a script, you've made a huge bloated script, which is captured in between #groups. Well you disable the #group, and guess what? mIRC ignores the code between the #groups, cool huh?

mIRC still needs to parse everything in the file, otherwise it won't find the end of the #group and anything behind it that's not disabled. If I send you to a big stadium or a big concert and tell you to only do something when you see some specific person, you're not doing nothing before you see him, you'll have your hands (eyes?) full checking every person to see if it's the one...

Conclusion: I'm not in favor of the suggestion, but since it's a lot of work for Khaled I don't think it'll appear soon anyways.