Quote:

No, I am not "confused." The thought of mIRC supporting simlies is very very saddening. It will attract people whos only purpose of using mIRC because of its similies, annoying little kids thinking their leet using mirc because it has similies (enough of those wannabe's on irc already), etc. It opens the door to a whole new generation of idiots, which shouldn't be opened for them to experince IRC, let them stay on their fancy Instant Message clients and rot away there. Call me greedy / selfish / whatever, Similies and mIRC do not mix and will never mix.

I'm not for it either but as I said earlier if it can be switched off there's nothing to argue about. Indeed, it is saddening but it could attract more users, who then register thjeir copy of mIRC which will enable Khaled to go on developing and supporting mIRC.

I really don't think they'd think they're 'leet' just because they can use smilies. I use MSN (not with mIRC for obvious reasons) I constantly use their smilies to express what kind of mood I am in when having to look at posts like these and argue against them. I don't think I am 'leet', I don't think I'll ever be 'leet'. And, I don't want to be 'leet'.

Using smilies don't make you idiots, everyone is an idiot in their own way, hand on my heart I have done idiotic things and I expect most of you have too.

Smilies and mIRC don't mix? Has it ever been added? No, so how could you possibly know if they mix or don't mix?

Don't forget if it's a feature to be added, a few others and myself have said it'd need an on|off switch. And also, if it hadn't occured to you it can also be removed if there are complaints. /setlayer was removed so I'm sure Smiley support can also be removed.

So, call you greedy / selfish? Yes I do, how long has this thread been here? SInce 2003, it must be a popular feature to be added.

* Andy takes a deep breath and sighs.

Last edited by SladeKraven; 24/02/05 12:33 AM.