I seriously have to agree with pretty much every point FiberOPtics has made.

I mean, not all too long ago, I was attempting to parse a website, however they had a rather large table on a single line, and it did take me a while to figure out that was the problem, at first I thought maybe my code was goofed up somewhere, and then I attempted to $regex() just the end of the line/table, only to realise it got cut off.

Unfortunately, I had to do this in perl (I'm still pretty new to perl, mind you), because I just couldn't see an easy way around parsing through the webpage, without having to write it to a file, and then go through the file with $read, or binvars (still not too good with binvars either) so this is pretty unacceptable.

My first post in this thread was more of a joke, but, I don't mind waiting for new features (provided that wait doesn't start extending well over years), I'll still use mIRC in order to talk to friends, but it'd be absolutely great if more features (scripting or not) were added.

I'm on 56k as well, and to be honest, if mIRC got "bloated" up to 100MB, I'd still download it. Of course, as FiberOPtics pointed out, that'd be a hell of a lot more features than what mIRC currently offers.

Also, some people fail to recognize some things. In regards to "growing tired of waiting for updates," you have to figure, everything is going to get "old" sooner or later. Ever play a video game for a month/year/2years, and then decide it's a waste of time? Same thing applies to programs. Most people like to "move on" so that they don't feel like they are wasting their time. Updates do help *delay* this process.

I've been using mIRC for roughly 5 years now, I'll continue to use it for quite a while, as I'm one of the stubbourn people who don't like to move on. I'll still use it for scripting projects depending on what I need done, and I'll most certainly still use it to stay in touch with friends.