The $v1/$v2 example was obviously an example of a benefit to scripters, whilst the things I mentioned about COM and $regsub are obviously exampls of benefits to scripters that will also benefit non-scripters.

Don't see it as black and white. Of course, not _every_ new little feature will be of use to the non-scripters. Sometimes a new feature will only benefit non scripters, sometime it will benefit solely scripters, and quite often both.

Btw $v1 isn't faster in any way than $ifmatch was (aside from the 1 microsecond because the parser has to parse a few less bytes), the real benefit here is being able to use $v2, and perhaps the shorter notation for the old $ifmatch.

The whole reason I posted is because I don't agree that you use the argument "it's fine for me", and "patience is a virtue". It might be fine for you, like I explained, it isn't for others who have been scripting longer or have exhausted anything there is to be done in mIRC. Patience is a virtue, but you haven't been waiting as long as others.

Gone.