You are the only one that has ever talked about "new and improved" or "full featured". Where does all of this suddenly come from? Did you also mistake this thread for the webcam one?

You are exagerating the issue, and I don't even see what it has to do with this thread. What is it always with the "bloated" argument. What is that based on? How on earth would you know how big mIRC.exe would become, or how much "slower" it would run if certain features were added. Please tell me, what is it based on? Don't say MSN. How could you know that webcam support (to give an example) is the reason MSN is big or runs slow? And why would you assume the feature would be implemented in the exact same way as it is in other clients which you seem to base your opinion on? (Note I'm not asking for webcam support in any way here or anything, I'm using it merely as an example to get my point accross, and because it is often refered to as something that would make mIRC "bloated")

Yes you mention that you mean if literally _everyone_ 's feature suggestion is implemented, but where exactly in this discussion does this argument fit in? Who's asking for that? I for one am definitely not asking for that. The things I did mention that I would love to see, were always backed up with an argument explaining why they would be good features, and even went as far as to give 2 practical examples illustrating this. I don't think anyone here is asking for every single request to be added in, therefore I wonder what exactly the purpose of that argument is. It seems to be "thrown" in the discussion just for the heck of it.

Where does this 20mb measure come from? Could you already predict how many bytes of code Khaled will be needing to write, or how many non native api's he would be depending on, or how many extra libraries he would be linking to because of new features?

Btw, I find the size argument to be the least significant of them all. I won't lose my sleep (and I cant imagine anyone either) if mIRC would turn out to be 5mb at some point, which would, looking at what is already available in mIRC, mean that there is atleast twice as many features as there are currently (this is purely a guess as I can't measure how much it would increase, I'm simply looking at how big it is right now and taking into account what it already provides, which is an aweful lot). If you are truely worried about a couple of megabytes, then ok, I think it is indeed troublesome then for you if mIRC were to ever grow to be as big. I just reckon the ratio of people who don't mind the size, compared against those who do mind, would be very big.

And who exactly has been "demanding" features? It's not wrong to say what you want, or would like to see added. That's not demanding anything. The thread starter only asked for what the future plans were regarding mIRC. I don't see anyone demanding new features here, just some people includying myself stating what they would like/love to see, and explaining their reasons behind it. You may have been faced with feature suggestions in the past that seemed demanding, though deal with it in those threads then, not here, as this has not yet been the case in this particular thread.

Disclaimer: If my posts seem as if they are flaming towards people, rest assured they are not intended that way. Unfortunately, that is one of the downsides of text based communication, and how someone interprets your post can vary severly, whereas in oral communication this is less likely to happen.

Gone.