I would love new features/fixes, and don't think it is fine the way it is right now at all.

Have you ever worked with COM? I would just _love_ to be able to script COM events, but that isn't possible in mIRC scripting, without resorting to VBScript. But we are mIRC scripers, not VBScripters. $comval has severe efficiency issues, and there are many many many more useful things I could say but I'll spare you the details. I would _love_ to be able to parse binvars with $regsub. Imagine, you could parse an entire website in a single string (no chunks!) with a powerful tool such as $regex in one command, taking anything you need from it. I would _love_ it if $regsub's replacement string would evaluate dynamically with each substitution, and I'm sure that anyone who knows regsub would love this feature. I can tell you right now: that would be incredibly useful. I would _love_ to be able to use sockets and connect to secure sites, though that isn't possible. Anyway, no need for me to re-post all these feature suggestions, but you catch my drift.

Of course you're fine with the way it is, that's because there is still a lot of room for improvement, and there are still many scripting features you have not exhausted yet.

This is however different for people who have been scripting for a while (or as in the case of myself, those that devoured it in just over a year).

I've been where you are right now, that is being very excited with scripting, and doing it an aweful lot, thinking it's great.

However, nowadays I _never_ script anymore, aside from a post now and then here in the forums, which I don't really consider scripting.

I would like new things to be added, and I can't imagine any scripter saying otherwise. $v1 and $v2 only got introduced in the last mIRC version..and I can't even count anymore how many times I've used them.

The -k flag was only added to filter in 6.15, and got fixed in 6.16 so that it is now flawless, and I've used it tens of times.

Those two things are very very small additions to mIRC scripting, and look how many times they've been used so far. My point is that new additions can and will be useful, even the extremely small ones as I just noted.

I don't want it to stay the way it is. Me and probably the entire scripting scene _want_ new features. A few months ago I was on the verge of forgetting mIRC and I even put "Retired from mIRC Scripting" in my signature. Though the love is strong so I'm still here. At the current rate of development, it isn't going to last though.

I agree with what ClickHere said. It is very noticable that the interest on scripting sites has decreased severly. I mean, just take a look at what screenshots they accept these days on ms.org, and how little new ones there are seen, compared to the days where mIRC scripting was in its prime.

Gone.