WOW. have i been awayfrom here for A LONG time. as ive been scrolling reading this information in this thread i pondered the thought has mIRC scripting taught me or helped me in scripting, as was mentioned here. the answer is un equivically YES. i have since moved on from my chatting and mirc scripting days but i do drop in here from time to time, as it helps clear my head when im tryin to pnder new elements in other programming areas, i have since released several stand alone programs using a great deal of my mirc scripting knowledge. al be it they were written in C++ and VB.net.
The arguement here about mirc becoming or ever being a scripting language is really irrelevent at this point as i know several ppl like myself who started here. As for the main question of this topic, future plans for mIRC, well khaled himself only knows that. i will give that man a hands down congratulation on a job well done if he stopped coding mIRC and said hell with it right now, look at the years of work hes put into it for a mear 20 bucks per user registration fee lifetime!!! If you think hes getting rich doing it your crazy, especially the hours and hours of time it takes to perfect one single function sometimes. The rants should end about when and where and what new stuff is he gonna give me cause damn, look what mIRC has already given us all. its in no short order given me a career and a decent job.

D3m0nnet.com