Bah... I never can avoid responding when asked to respond. crazy

Heh... anyhow...

1) I know a programming language does not require the ability to make a standalone program. As I said, "and/or"... The point if you read a bit more closely what I said, is that there are already programming languages out there that will make standalone programs (no need for mIRC to do so) and there are already programming languages out there that can make DLLs to be used within mIRC to add all the extra features one could want (again, no need for mIRC to be able to do everything a DLL can do).

2) Why not make it a programming language? For it to become a full programming language, it really would need a LOT of work -- work that could be spent improving/updating/fixing other things. Also, there is no need (see above). And, if someone really wants to program, rather than script addons/etc to make mIRC/IRC better, then they are better off using a real programming language, anyhow. And, if they don't know how, then learn. If someone can learn mIRC, they can learn C++/VB as well. Those are a bit more complicated, but not so much as to make it too difficult to learn... especially with a programming/scripting background (even if that's only from using mIRC scripting). mIRC scripting is to improve mIRC/IRC. It can do a LOT more, and that's ok. But, that's not really what it is for.

And, I agree with CtrlAltDel... adding a lot of additional "IM" features just bloats mIRC. DLLs work just fine for adding such features. And, for those who absolutely have to have those features in IRC and can't be bothered to use DLLs, there are clients out that have those features. They're not as popular, but they have the features.

* Riamus tries to disappear again on this and all similar topics about "IM" features.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net