I see no problem with giving an opinion here. I said only that *I* like it as it is... I didn't say anyone had to agree. It was just an opinion. And it was just a comment meant as response to the previous comments regarding new features being needed in order to prevent people from stopping using mIRC.

And, patience is always good regardless if you've waiting a week or a decade. Even if I've not needed to really wait on too much in mIRC for too long (nothing more than a year, anyhow, since I don't generally care about waiting on stuff that isn't available), there are MANY things I've had to wait on for more than 10 or 15 years. So, you can't really say that I don't know anything about what patience is just because I don't need to wait on much in mIRC.

I can see com being used to make things for non-scripters (at least for those who want access to data from, or some other method of controlling/using, other apps from mIRC). However, I can't see how $regsub specifically benefits a non-scripter. Obviously, it makes doing regex much easier, but I'm sure anything $regsub can do could also be done in some other way. It might not be as clean or as fast, but I'm sure it would be possible. As such, I just can't see that really benefiting the non-scripter who doesn't know if a script uses $regsub or some other method. At least, not unless it saves noticeable time for a script to run.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net