I used the term "spam" interchangeably with "promote". I thought my follow-up post cleared that up.

When I spoke of getting banned, I was referring to the IRC servers and his idea with spam bots. I didn't even speak of the forum in my second response.

I'd like to think that over the years on IRC and moderating on these forums, I've gained some experience that might have lead to a bit of wisdom when it comes to people asking innocent-looking questions. provoko asked where he could promote something and happened to mention outwar. He also asked for the "top 5" networks (which I assume means "most popular" or "largest userbase"), as well as how to create links to pop up browsers on other users computers. Doesn't seem perfectly innocent anymore, but that's a subjective call and I don't plan on persuading anyone.

I'm sorry that you've gotten so upset over this whole thing. If I misinterpreted provoko's question, then I might owe him an apology, but I've yet to see evidence contrary to what I had first understood. It was, after all, you that turned this into an argument and then attempted to justify what seems to be a bit of a inferiority complex.

I'll likely be closing this thread soon, since it is of absolutely zero value.

-chris