Greetings,

I see that it doesn't make a difference what anyone says, the same people are going to descend on every post people write and clutter it up with garbage. I'll just have to insert disclaimers that I can't give people the right answer, but I'll baffle them with ethics... that or I'll just have to answer them all privately like a lot of people are having to do... enough people, my e-mail box is full! :-)

Mentality:

And please, lack of diplomacy is just that. I could pick out a dozen examples with no sweat. Finding the best biased one (out of a handful) used to suit your argument isn't much weight.

And no, your thread doesn't interest me ... none of them do. I'm a big boy now and can search for items here all by myself. :-)

I'm sorry if I upset people, but d00dman jumped the gun too. I don't think the author's thread was clear enough and I wanted clarification. If I want to dump my ethics down someone's throat, I'll do it privately unless the post specifically asks for opinion.

Yes, ethics are a really crappy thing when they pollute a post and confuse a newbie. There's a time and a place for them, but I guess not for some? Instead of making a real contribution, you simply rattle something off about ethics since you really can't contribute anything worthwhile about the subject of discussion. I personally think (after searching hundreds of threads) that you just want everyone to see your name show up in a forum while you buck for a forum moderator's position you're dying to have but probably won't get.

Finally, people wreck automobiles on a routine basis and end up killing people... Should we take those off the highway now too?

starbucks_mafia:

If you search long enough, you'll see the examples. And what's the point of having help forum if it's just going to have biased opinions and nothing worthwhile? That's the point I'm trying to stress.

Regards,

John