Quote:
I am sorry to inform you, but IRC is and has been changing since its inception and it's not up to one single forum moderator on a message board to tell the world how it should be used.

- When did Parabrat, or anyone, tell the original poster how to use IRC? I can't see it. What the poster was told, is what this forum will and will not help with. Yes, anyone can do whatever they like on IRC and there's nothing anyone here can do to stop that, but this isn't IRC, it's a forum. And the forum has rules which moderators such as Parabrat and d00dman are entitled to enforce and to inform new users of.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with the original post. It seems to me the guy was looking for somewhere which allows advertising, of which there are a few (I don't know of any specifically), but it's entirely possible given previous threads the poster has made that it could be taken another way and seen to be looking for places to post unsolicited advertisements. Whatever the case, it is within Parabrat's right as a moderator on these forums to do whatever she feels is right, whether you agree with it or whether it fits into your idea of 'freedom of IRC' or not.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.