I'm sure that you realize that the only person this should be directed to is Khaled. If he doesnt reply here, i suggest you email him.

We do tend to stick mainly with mIRC related questions and try to aim ppl in the right direction for other issues. Since you intend your channel to be much more diversified, have you considered coming up with a more inclusive name?

General comments:
Note that in the mIRC FAQ, Tjerk says "If you have further questions about mIRC, please visit the IRC channel #mIRC on EFnet, IRCnet, Undernet or Dalnet." As a SOp on DALnet #mIRC and knowing the ops on the other networks as well as Khaled, i can assure you that we are all well aware that its our responsibility to maintain the standards he expects from us. I think to ask him to give some sort of "official approval" to someone he doesnt know and trust is asking a bit too much, but thats just my opinion.

It isnt up to anyone other than Gamesnet to set their policies, but they do state the "mission of this network is to register computer gaming related channels" and that "Channels are to be registered to the current leader of the organization that the channel represents". mIRC is a registered trademark, so i can see their point.

Seems like whenever ppl see the word mIRC they assume Khaled is in there someplace, whereas if they see windows they rarely think bill gates knows anything about it. If they go into a #mIRC on something.net and have a bad experience, they tar all #mIRC's and Khaled with the same brush.

Regardless, the only one who can address the original question is Khaled. Its up to him whether or not he wants to give "official sanction" to anything and up to Gamesnet what policies they set about the matter. So could we stop with yet another legal discusssion and quibbling over who posted what when?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet