I tried webmaster's network, however they require a registered nick to create a channel, and to register a nick requires me to give my email, and thats not gonna happen. Anyway, I don't see what Unreal has to do with this. When unreal has a problem, I don't deny that it exists I say "thanks for finding that, I'll go and try to fix it" as I am currently doing on a couple of bugs that have been reported. Maybe you're too used to the MS theory of bugs, where they believe it is better to deny the bugs exist rather than actually fix them, however not everyone believes such things.

There are certain things not specifically mentioned in RFC1459 that are defacto standards, one of these is validation. For example, if you type /mode #chan +b blah*. Thats totally legal, however every server I've ever seen will translate this to blah*!*@*. Does this mean a server that doesn't do this is breaking a standard? No, but it does mean it isn't going along with a "generally accepted standard." The same holds true for things like +o/+v. If I send "+v BLAH" and the user's nickname is "blah" it is generally accepted that the server will translate the "+v BLAH" to "+v blah". Again, it's not necessarily required, however if everyone except 1-2 servers do it that way, well then imho it is the fault of the server, not of the client.