Originally Posted By: DJ_Sol
So something in my scripts caused mIRC to not know cid 25 was closed?
As others have said, no. It's not an issue of mirc not knowing that cid 25 was closed. Judging by the fact that thousands of scripters have been using $cid since it was introduced and it's only you who seems to have a problem with it, I would bet my right arm that it's something in your script going wrong, not mirc. And if I were you, I wouldn't even consider the possibility that the absence of similar reports is due to the fact that "not many push mirc as you do": frankly, this is a quite naive point of view, especially since you can't back up your claims.

Originally Posted By: DJ_Sol
Is it a mIRC bug? I personally don't care.
This is quite confusing - if you don't care why did you bother creating and maintaining this thread? If you really want to get to the root of the problem, you should care, and you should also listen to what others are trying to tell you.

Nobody here is getting defensive on mirc but even if people show a tendency to dismiss a problem as a mirc bug in the absence of evidence, they are perfectly justified: if I had a penny for every bug report I've seen that turned out to be a script problem, I'd be rich.

Again, $cid never returns a value that does not correspond to an existing session. The sooner you come to terms with this, the sooner this thread will die (something long overdue).

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com