Quote:
B. Theres too many colors already!
Well i dont see that as being nearly true, colors along with everything else is an option. All of you have the ability to keep colors 10 feet away from you. So use it

- Just because something can be turned off doesn't mean it should be added. By your thinking if I suggest that we make a control code that makes other user's mIRC's close down it should be added. After all, people who don't like it can just turn it off right? My point is that something must have a valid and widespread use and be an improvement over any existing features. The ability to turn something off is not a reason to include a 'feature'.

Quote:
C. Another Control Code or a change in the current Color Control Code will bring an end to IRC and the internet itself, bringing chaos to the world and reducing us all to infints allowing the true rulers of earth (Ants) to reign supreme!!
Well you yourself (You being the previous post) said that mIRC is used as the standard, if it changes, others will follow. And seeing as all the none mIRC users would be annoyed if their software didnt change, well id assume they would change.

- IRC was completely different a decade ago. The number of users was probably around 2-300,000 users at most and only a couple of dozen IRC clients and IRC libraries with no specific accepted colour standard. By contrast today there are millions of IRC users and literally hundreds if not thousands of IRC clients and IRC libraries and mIRC's current colour scheme is widely accepted as the standard. Simply changing mIRC will not convince all those thousands of developers to immediately change their programs to follow suit, especially considering that for many platforms 24-bit colour is impossible.

Quote:
D. The current system is a tried and true system, it stood the tests of time so why change?
Well hey, i see your point. I mean that makes so much sense to me im selling my car and using nothing but my feet, afterall man kind used them for so long why upgrade? And omg, im never going Cable, im sticking with 56k thank you very much. Theres no need for more speed. Hell with that reasoning you wont make it far in life if you cant upgrade now and then. I understand constantly changing is no good, but were not constantly changing the color system now are we?

- The examples you've listed are all things which are improvements. I've yet to see anyone explain why 24-bit colour is an improvement, whereas I can think of half a dozen drawbacks to such a system. Use the Search feature and take a look at the other 20 or so threads that have been made about colour. It's getting really boring having to make the same points every 3 months.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.