Huuuuuuuuuum.. ok, there is problems in implementation of a new standard for irc colors; but what about an meeting with the main clients delevopers and main irc networks admins? its sounds crazy for me, but the ones who have the 'power' to made changes on irc maybe like this idea; and, hum. maybe an new mode (like +C or +R) can be realesed, and if it are not setted on by the client the ircd will strip the rgb colors, for some months (or years) until it becomes standard - so users that do not have an early version have nothing for lose, anyway

and, about the difficult of remember rgb codes, when i type ctrl+c should appear the character for rgb color and a window named "select color", with a full select color pallete (basically a plane and a line, just like the windows color select), so the final users should dont worry with the codes

(i decides to reply in this post because it's more recent; but by the way, the forum should organize the order of post not by it's creation date; by it's date of last post, instead)