My point being they are both ping timeouts, but for different reasons, and from different servers/or programs. However, they are related in the ping pong relationship. However you will not recieve a ping timeout error for the problem I was describing, because it involves software. Ping Timeouts in irc are due to server or user pings, my pings & errors were almost exclusivly due to dcc chat or send only on dalnet. I never stated that this would solve the problem, I just stated what fixed it for me. Also, after working someone else through it on irc, it fixed it for them.

Your right, I have never seen the way you dress, I just assume by the way you talk. I wasn't upset at YOU, you just decided to take it personally. I never singled anyone out. Maybe a guilty conscious?

Anyways, if it helps you great, if not sorry. It worked for me, and I tried the winxp firewall on and off too, I tracked it (no matter what you say in response) to a ping to an invalid IP (my internal) non used ip. This would be a router problem essentually, but no correction was needed on that front.

Sorry if I offended you, like I have said in multiple posts, I was just trying to stress a point. I believe I might have even apologised. Nonetheless...

Happy IRCing