What in the world are you talking about DCC for? The question is dealing with [10053] Software caused connection abort (RST received when SYN or SYN+ACK expected). How did you manage to get from that error (which is has to do with your socket connection to the IRC server) to DDC Sending a file?

Quote:

The probelm is a DNS issue under Windows XP. When the DCC starts, there are several things that happen, a ping, a ctcp, and then the file starts. When the ctcp is sent, everything goes well, but the ping is then sent very quickly, before the CTCP has returned to the Senders computer. This ping, is subsequently sent to a wrong address, because either windows or mirc doesnt resolve the ping, just sends it to the IP that is cached in your system.

What kind of ping are you talking about? ICMP, IRC or CTCP? CTCP is a specialized format of PRIVMSG to a nick, which is an IRC command as it's used here.

CTCP PING goes to the nick you send it to //raw PRIVMSG nickname :PING $ctime
IRC PING goes to the server, requesting a PONG: //raw PING $ctime
ICMP type 8 is an ICMP Echo request sent to an IP (TTL maxed)

I know you're not talking about DCC Sending a file, because what you have described has nothing whatsoever to do with the DCC Send protocol.

Here are some things that I have noticed, while troubleshoot this problem:
  • I have never had 10053 while sending a file.
  • I have had 10053 with XPs firewall enabled.
  • I have had 10053 without XPx firewall enabled.
  • I have had 10053 on every server I have ever been connected to, at one time or another.
  • I have had 10053 after installing those last two Critical Updates.
  • I have had 10053 after upgrading XP to XP(SP1)
  • I have had 10053 while mIRC was the active application while I was idling and just watching.
  • I have had 10053 while mIRC was the active application while I was typing my fingers off.
  • I have had 10053 while typing up messages for this forum in its editor (mIRC not AppActive).
And all of those just this week!

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C