I never have the mirc window maximised. It happens for me only when the channel the Japanese characters are displayed on is active. I do use the switchbar, but it doesn't seem to matter whether my mouse is over it or not, it has crashed in both occasions. It is very simple for me to reproduce this, but only when using gtsdll. All I need to do is play a song on winamp that has fullwidth characters in it (taking into account that all Japanese characters are usually fullwidth), for example ノート・ネイティヴ - Twilight, use /aud to display what I'm playing, the encoding gets screwed along the way and it displays garbage in the mirc channel window, I'd copy the garbage to show, but mirc pretty much crashes instantly with AppHangB1. Note that this is the on-demand way to make it crash, not the only way it happens to me.

*Edit: before someone says this is because of gtsdll sending mirc crap it can't handle, that's not entirely true. I can't make it crash by simply copying those same characters straight into the chat window, it displays the characters correctly and nothing happens. However, when I use the gtsdll command /aud in a different chat channel, it displays the characters correctly and does not crash. The difference is in font script. In the channel it didn't crash I use Arial Unicode MS with Japanese script, in the channel it displayed garbage and crashed I use Arial Unicode MS with Western script. Why Western script can display Japanese characters often times just fine, but occasionally crashes on them, I have no idea.

Last edited by defianze; 23/03/10 02:41 PM.