Quoted strings just wouldn't fit IRC. Would you want to have to do /me "does an action" or /join "#chan" or /msg "nick" "text" or anything like that all the time? (and I'm not talking about in script.. I mean at the command line, which is what script is based on) The scripting language evolved from those simple irc commands, so there's a good reason for not quoting strings... It is a chat program after all, and you don't usually need to send binary data in text-based chat, so why not treat everything as a string? Changing the basic commands that everyone already uses would be a huge headache for new and experienced users alike. If you don't like the scripting language, don't use it. Write a dll or something instead. No reason to make thousands of scripts obsolete just to turn mIRC script into something that it's not. mIRC script is a scripting language, not a programming language. The sooner people realize that, the sooner they may stop complaining about it being different from what they already know.

As for for loops, I don't see why not... There are usually 3 or 4 different ways to do any one task in mIRC script anyway; can't hurt to add another looping method. On the other hand, we already have at least 2 ways to create a loop (while and goto) so why should Khaled work to add another way to do the same thing instead of taking that time and adding something truely new and useful?

If I knew now what I will know then... maybe things will have been different...