I'm all for adding features that might help people (even if it is a minority)... however...

Regardless what people know about IRC... why would you use /list to see a single channel? As mentioned, you'd already know it existed, or could find out easily by joining it.

I see no point in keywords for channels. If a channel owner (or ops) care about being found that way, they could easily add those same words into the topic. Anyone with a channel who wants to be searched easily already has topics like that. Many are very annoying topics that list keywords just so they can be found. We don't need more of this. For other channels, we set a topic that is useful in explaining what the channel is about or rules or whatever. We don't care to be searched by anything other than that. Just my 2 cents on that one. If it is added, it needs to definitely be OPTIONAL.

As far as getting the previous 5 lines of text... why? You say so someone can catch up... if you drop connection for and reconnect immediately, most channels won't have 5 new lines already. This happens often, so you'd have many duplicate lines for people. If you're just joining, you can easily pick up on a conversation. How is 5 lines of text going to catch you up any faster? And, no... I'm not suggesting using more lines. This just seems like a way to flood/spam yourself everytime you connect.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net