*sigh*. OK. Time to get started with my 'stupid comeback flame'. I think I'll make this an abridged version since the length and extent of your idiocy makes pointing out every ridiculous remark a gargantuan task. Onwards...

I've gotta love your genius way of spelling poorly to dodge the censor so you can swear in the forums, it makes you seem all manly and tough. I know I was intimidated.

Quote:
Who gives a deleted] what the media or parents think about internet chat networks??!!! Do you? Why is that an issue and why are you siding on conforming to the ways of others to defend an image conjured up by idiots? (rhetorical question..... don't expect you to answer that intelligently!)

- That doesn't look like a rhetorical question to me. But if you don't want to read the answer turn away now. Yes I do care about the public image internet chat has. Khaled does too. So do most normal people who use IRC regularly do. I, and the normal IRC users do because of the instant conclusion other people jump to when they find out you use IRC. Khaled does because if some kids parents decide they can't use mIRC because of it's 'pro-sex' attitude with it's new age/sex/location CTCP (or whatever) then it means less people using mIRC and less people registering.

Quote:
Besides, we all know here that the deprivation of any kind of a/s/l addon is not going to stop anyone from engaging in online sex!

- So if it's not gonna stop anyone from engaging in their 'activities' by not having this 'feature', why have it there?

Quote:
Plus, are you saying that if you had the chance to find out if any of the ppl in a particular channel are "of the sex and the age range that you are attracted to" that you would think that's a bad thing??? ......and you honestly wouldn't ever check? What are you perpetually single?

- I can honestly say I wouldn't. I really couldn't give less of a crap about the age and sex of the people I talk to on IRC. As it happens, I do know that information about a lot of the people I chat with - simply because I talk to them on a regular basis. And no I'm not perpetually single. Believe it or not you're allowed to talk to women outside of IRC. Yes, it's true, even in public and everything. What a world.

Quote:
And as far as the finger replies............ yes, could do that too, but as I said earlier, would relieve the issue of ppl feeling as if they are "stressing" such a thing whether it be because they are shy, or not wanting to be seen as soliciting "sex sounding" initiation, or just plain don't realize the option is there to do it that way.

- If they can't see the finger reply option why would they suddenly be able to see an A/S/L reply option? Anyone who filled in that information would be seen as 'stressing' it because of the enormous amount of people who didn't fill it in because they didn't want to use it.

Quote:
If not, oh well, am sure one day will happen in one form or another as the wants/needs of the user are satisfied..... of course, this won't even be so much of an issue to those that will choose to use more video/voice chat as the available bandwidth steadily rises..... Then what starbuck??? Put a towel over the lens so ppl can't see your sex and age??

- Not at all. I've got nothing against someone finding out another person's age over IRC. What I've got a problem with is building something to display such trivial things as those into an IRC client. With voice or video chat you find out that information naturally because that's simply a part of the method of communication. With text chat age and sex aren't immediately apparent, and it doesn't matter because you're just chatting with them. If someone decides that it's important for them to know that information or to give out that information what's wrong with them putting it in their finger reply or simply telling people, and retrieving someone else's finger reply or asking them?

Quote:
...Inane ranting about how I can turn it off if I don't like it...

- Yes, I could turn it off. As could everyone else who doesn't want to use it. So we put a little bit of effort in to not see that stuff. Alternatively, the feature isn't added, and you put some effort in by actually asking someone that stuff. Im really sick and tired of everyone suggesting things and then when someone disagrees they come back with 'WELL YOU CAN TURN IT OFF'. What if I don't want to work to not pestered? What if I live in insane-topsy-turvy-world where I expect people who want something extra to be the ones putting in the effort to get it? OK. The 'optional' argument only works when the option is remotely relevant and/or useful to mIRC/IRC in the first place, otherwise I can suggest some new CTCPs ('What are you wearing?', 'Do you like cats?', 'Whats the weather like?') and they simply must be added. After all, someone might use them someday. And for everyone else, well they can just turn it off.

I hope that I didn't think that one out too much and disappoint you. Was it hormoneless enough for you? Feedback on my sexual prowess much appreciated. ASL. Do you like cats?

Last edited by ParaBrat; 18/02/03 07:41 PM.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.