Useful? Maybe to you but to me thats just clutter that I do not use things like asking someone a version that they are using, pinging them, finger um im not going there smile Nobody has ever asked me the version I use. I have never been approached by someone with them saying "Why hello there, what version are you using?" I don't use a quit message cause I don't think I should give a reason for my leaving. and I really hate those people that think they should know when I'm going to go take a piss or when i'm leaving. If I want to leave I will without having to explain my reasons. Yes a teddybear popup or anything thats resembling a picture...I see no point in that at all.

The point I'm trying to make is that for some people things like that are an option. My personal options are to not use the things stated above. Yes thats just me and my opinion. I didn't say that nobody couldn't or wouldn't use them. I go online to chat I don't use popups and I don't have a need for addons. The only things that I change when I download a mIRC client is the font and size and then I take out what I don't have a use for. I like to keep things on a basic level and I am happy with my choice. Personally someone that has to make popups or replies so someones question is laziness. But I'm entitled to my own.

Yes mIRC provides these options for people to put to use. If someone wants to put their a/s/l in a finger reply then so be it. I can't tell them otherwise nor can anyone else. But when someone wants to know my information I tell them to just ask and to eliminate the "middle man" i.e. finger replies, or version replies or what not. Yes mIRC provides all of that to a user

Quote:
Wow, well imagine that.

Thank you for so clearly pointing out something that I already knew. My answer to that is my opinion and thats what I like about the internet is the right to share my views, so in short I could care less what others think about what I do online and/or what I think or say...