mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Topics | Unanswered Topics Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days | Past Month | Past Year
Forum   Subject
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $$local_identifier within :EVENT: handlers by Raccoon @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM
Raccoon approves these changes. The proposed context seems to be the intuitive one. I think it was just never discovered because the $$ prefix isn't that widely used outside of one-line aliases and popups, except by some of us more advanced folk wh
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $$local_identifier within :EVENT: handlers by Wims @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM
Quote:That's because you can't see the code the I'm seeingJust send it over so I can understand Well we're grateful for getting explanations about how the code works since we usually come up with our own theories. And this time is no exception, I
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $$local_identifier within :EVENT: handlers by Khaled @ Yesterday at 12:11 PM
Quote:Correct behavior should be that, when $event is not null, $~event and $$event should be the same as $event. I notice that you have made several references to $~ in your posts. This is used internally by the script parser and changes how a para
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $$local_identifier within :EVENT: handlers by Khaled @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM
Quote:As usual, it's possible to create a script that will break if $$ is modified, but the point is moot as that script would not be making any sense, I don't see the point in not fixing it. As long as no one can see an issue with backwards compatib
Bug Reports Quote:I have found a bug, probably as old as $$ itself, where event-specific identifiers are not being seen if they are $$ prefixed. Is this the issue you are referring to?Yes, event-specific identifiers is what we call local identifiers. As usual, i
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $$local_identifier within :EVENT: handlers by maroon @ 24/05/19 10:45 PM
Note: I saw your reply after I had this written up, so I did a quick search/replace of 'chan' for 'event', because I'm not seeing $chan behaving any different than other local identifiers in contexts where $chan is not null. I'm not talking about ch
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $$local_identifier within :EVENT: handlers by Khaled @ 24/05/19 09:12 PM
I have found a bug, probably as old as $$ itself, where event-specific identifiers are not being seen if they are $$ prefixed. Is this the issue you are referring to? If I remember correctly, the $$ prefix was originally added for use in aliases and
Bug Reports Quote:All $$identifier does is stop a command from being executed if $$identifier is empty. It has no idea about events, other scripts, return/halt, etc.That's indeed what we expect as well (except that I would not say 'command'). Originally Posted B
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $$local_identifier within :EVENT: handlers by Khaled @ 24/05/19 07:41 PM
I appreciate the script but it's still too complicated. There is so much going on in the script that it would be impossible for me to narrow it down to one specific issue. I think you may be expecting too much of $$identifier. All $$identifier does
Scripts & Popups I've not tried to run your script, but from looking at your code: 1. //echo -a $mircdir $+ \scripts results in a double backslash. $mircdir is one of the few aliases which allows text to be attached to it, so you can also do: //echo -a $mircdirscri
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $$local_identifier within :EVENT: handlers by maroon @ 24/05/19 05:38 PM
Code: ON *:INPUT:*: { double_dollar $1- } ON *:TEXT:test *:*:{ double_dollar $1- } alias double_dollar { var %last $gettok($1-,-1,32) , %nextlast $gettok($1-,-2,32) if ((% isin %last) || ($ isin %last) || (*test !iswm %nextlast) ) retu
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $$local_identifier within :EVENT: handlers by Khaled @ 24/05/19 09:36 AM
Thanks for your bug report. I tested your script and it seemed fine? Was I meant to be looking for return/halt values/behaviour? Identifier warnings? Commands not being halted? Events not being halted? A combination of all of the above? Please provi
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts $$local_identifier within :EVENT: handlers by maroon @ 23/05/19 07:50 PM
Within an ON:EVENT: handler, the $$identifier behavior has been to mimic /return instead of /halt. It doesn't halt another event handler in a different script from being seen, doesn't halt the message or input from being processed, and it doesn't tri
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: Twitch Subscriber Notification Script by Greeple @ 22/05/19 11:25 AM
that is, I can from on TEXT get $msgtags? I thought they only work in RAW, sorry and good luck to you
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: mIRC beta by Khaled @ 22/05/19 09:52 AM
The latest beta is mIRC v7.55.2030 and can be downloaded here. It includes the following changes: Quote:Beta v7.55.2030 changes: 1.Item 4, recompiled OpenSSL 1.1.x library to work with Windows XP/Vista. 2.Item 1, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: Twitch Subscriber Notification Script by Blas @ 22/05/19 08:51 AM
Originally Posted By: GreepleOriginally Posted By: Blas Using the script above as an example, you can easily write any of those scripts that you want by yourself. I tried it according to your script and it does not work example Code:RAW USERSTATE:*
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts A Script/Remote Loader for Users with MANY Remotes by KubosKube @ 22/05/19 04:13 AM
Hi! Back in August of the year 2017, I made a script-loading script to simplify loading scripts. It was haphazardly thought out and worked based off of a limiting control scheme. I got tired of being a loser, so I REBUILT IT! From the ground up! Th
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: Twitch Subscriber Notification Script by Greeple @ 22/05/19 01:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Blas Using the script above as an example, you can easily write any of those scripts that you want by yourself. I tried it according to your script and it does not work example Code:RAW USERSTATE:*: { set %badges. $+ $nick $m
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: Twitch Subscriber Notification Script by Blas @ 21/05/19 06:07 AM
Originally Posted By: GreepleSuch a question, maybe you can make a script that would check the color, badges and so on in the event raw USERSTATE Exactly, using the Twitch documentation for msgtags it is very easy to have your bot do all sorts of nea
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: alias call order in $urlget by Raccoon @ 21/05/19 05:59 AM
If you wrote a program, you would know that asymetric callbacks are messages that arrive in a message queue like an external email, and you have to process who the sender was and all contexts. There's a lot that goes into writing a scripting engine.
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Chrome DLL for mIRC by NrWarren @ 21/05/19 12:24 AM
Github for Chromium DLL for mIRC Here i compiled the Chromium CEF browser that was designed as a DLL to work with mIRC. the original project was hosted on sourceforge, by the looks of it, it was by the original creators of DCX (ie twig and
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: alias call order in $urlget by Wims @ 20/05/19 08:47 PM
Quote:Local aliases can only be called if there's a local context -- and since context is lost when symmetric calls are ended, the engine has to be told to check for asymmetric calls like timers, com calls, and now urlget given their unique behavior.
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: Twitch Subscriber Notification Script by Greeple @ 20/05/19 07:43 PM
Such a question, maybe you can make a script that would check the color, badges and so on in the event raw USERSTATE You can of course check the subscriber or not in the api-twitch, but the tags should also work And besides, I want the colors of the
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: alias call order in $urlget by Raccoon @ 20/05/19 12:52 AM
I'm sure Khaled didn't intend that local aliases shouldn't be supported, but surely you can understand why such a bug/issue would exist. Local aliases can only be called if there's a local context -- and since context is lost when symmetric calls a
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: alias call order in $urlget by Wims @ 20/05/19 12:03 AM
That's a different issue maybe but I don't see why $urlget wouldn't support local aliases.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >