mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Topics | Unanswered Topics Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days | Past Month | Past Year
Forum   Subject
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Beta question for Khaled - timers by maroon @ 49 minutes 21 seconds ago
Can you please give an example of something where the change from system time to $ticks should be obvious? Since I didn't see anything change here, I'm guessing 'main timer' means something else besides '/timer'? Some of what I see so far is good, bu
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Transparent pictures in whois info by maroon @ Today at 04:45 AM
Unfortunately, even if these weren't pictures for ants, it wouldn't be worth enough words to come up with a solution, other than the fact that it's obvious that these are not the default appearances of these events, so it's caused by some kind of scr
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Transparent pictures in whois info by David @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM
Hello all! I have a problem or something ... when I make whois a nickname whether it's in the irc or not in that info in one of the lines I get a transparent square that is not annoying but is "ugly", I would like to know what can it be an
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $gmt(number) by Khaled @ Yesterday at 10:40 AM
Quote:I would also like to report a pseudo-bug in $asctime() in that it will not support negative UNIXTIME values. None of the CRT time functions support negative values. Actually, that's not entirely true. They will apply timezone/dst adjustments to
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $gmt(number) by Raccoon @ Yesterday at 09:36 AM
Is there a format that I could/should be using to determine the UTC date-time string of any historical UNIXTIME value? I'm thinking something like $asctime($calc(%unixtime - $timezone + $daylight)) but I can't seem to get the logic right to work in
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: mIRC beta by Khaled @ Yesterday at 09:03 AM
The latest beta is mIRC v7.55.626 and can be downloaded here. It includes the following changes: Quote:Beta v7.55.626 changes: 1.Items 4, 5, 6, updated. 2.Item 7, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/265246 3.Item 8, changed. A number of
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: Get first lines of /names command by miguelpucela @ Yesterday at 01:19 AM
The final objective is to get the last users connected to several channels in only one command invokation. I'm new to mirc scripting. That's why I find this difficult Thank you for your help.
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: Get first lines of /names command by Raccoon @ 22/03/19 10:52 PM
Not every network outputs RAW 001. Use On Connect instead to initialize your variables.
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: $color by maroon @ 22/03/19 09:00 PM
Not quite. For a /command the alias takes precedence over the built-in command unless you use the ! prefix. So you can 'theme' how /msg or /notice behaves, but you can block the theme from overriding it by using !msg or /!msg. An exception is if an
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: $color by Erasimus @ 22/03/19 08:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Loki12583 This destroys the $nick() identifier Posted by Tiago I think you need to read the help a little better I think he was referring to your alias - alias nick { and sometimes you need to not believe what the help file s
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: Get first lines of /names command by Erasimus @ 22/03/19 07:04 PM
I too don't understand why you only want the 1st 3 lines. I also dont understand why you find this difficult. Code: ; set line counter to 1 and then only echo the lines 1-3 ; to the status window. Use haltdef to prevent mIRC ; from sending any l
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: Saving phrases in mirc by maroon @ 22/03/19 06:13 PM
you can create an alias, which you can either type in the channel editbox or add it as a right-click item in the popups menu. Pressing Alt+R takes you to the scripts editor, where you can place aliases. alias asl { /msg $$chan age: none of your bu
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Saving phrases in mirc by _alice_f30 @ 22/03/19 04:44 PM
Is it possible to save phrases that can be put into a conversation without having to retype them every time? Like your description or your interests, for example?
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $gmt(number) by Khaled @ 22/03/19 12:05 PM
Quote:I can't think of any reason why someone would need $gmt(N) to be applying the current $daylight's offset to times across the entire year. Based on the thread I quote below, I suspect the reasons for changing had to do with the changed on/off ti
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $gmt(number) by Khaled @ 22/03/19 09:33 AM
Quote:$gmt(n) is a useful function. I've been using it to display the UTC date & time of a UNIXTIME value for years. People prefer and expect UTC time from IRC bots. I am sorry to say that it has just been luck that it returned a reasonable value
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $maxlenl chars vs bytes by Khaled @ 22/03/19 07:42 AM
The maximum internal length applies to both byte arrays and wide character arrays throughout mIRC. If you are dealing with strings, it means characters. If you are dealing with binary variables, it means bytes. That said, this may not apply everywher
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts $maxlenl chars vs bytes by maroon @ 22/03/19 04:20 AM
I'm unsure if this is by design or is a bug, but there's at least 1 bug in here. Sometimes $maxlenl means 'characters' and other times 'bytes'. Not an error: //echo -a $str($chr(10004),8280) $+ x is 24841 bytes but other string functions are silent
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: Need code help by Darkmnm @ 22/03/19 01:56 AM
Thank you. Making it $.zip appears that have cleared the error
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: Need code help by maroon @ 22/03/19 12:34 AM
Beginning v7.55, $zip is the name of a built-in identifier, and it doesn't like the syntax you're using, which appears to be related to an alias you've not pasted. https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/mirc/identifiers/$zip If you want that line to run an a
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Need code help by Darkmnm @ 22/03/19 12:24 AM
I am using UPP with mirc 7.55 and I am getting the following errors whenever I start I get the folowing error in my status window: * Invalid parameters: $zip (line 1113, containers.mrc) Below is the entire code for the error. The line in BOLD and r
Feature Suggestions
Jump to new posts Updated $encode Blowfish improvements wishlist by maroon @ 21/03/19 09:59 PM
Updated $encode Blowfish improvements wishlist. 1. New padding method 0-7 zeroes 2. New $encode format Base85 3. Restore no-limit hash(key length) for non-literal keys 4. A new switch to recognize key and iv|salt parameters as both being hex strings
Bug Reports Bug: CBC with non 'l' switch chops the key parameter's input to the underlying $md5 hash function. The limit of 56-bytes is being applied as an output filter to the key parameter, instead of being applied only as the input filter to the key schedule
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $gmt(number) by Raccoon @ 21/03/19 06:45 PM
$gmt(n) is a useful function. I've been using it to display the UTC date & time of a UNIXTIME value for years. People prefer and expect UTC time from IRC bots.
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $gmt(number) by Raccoon @ 21/03/19 06:41 PM
Khaled: It's a simple DST bug with $gmt that should be possible to correct. Desired output, all the time any time: $gmt(0) == Thu Jan 01 00:00:00 1970 During the summer months, during local DST, these outputs are violated and unreasonably change.
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $gmt(number) by maroon @ 21/03/19 04:41 PM
No, unless the computer's time settings were changed to use as the timezone "UTC" or "Reykjavik", where the offset from UTC is zero year round, and there's no daylight saving time period. As Raccoon was saying, $gmt(N) for a speci
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >