mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Topics | Unanswered Topics Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days | Past Month
Forum   Subject
mIRC Help It's hard to understand your problem because a 'script' doesn't have those commands outside one of the ON-whatever events or inside an alias. Perhaps you have some commands loaded within mirc-options/connect/options/"Perform-on-connect", wh
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Mirc not loading new script (remote.ini) - Windows by JohnnyApp @ Today at 06:25 PM
Hi, Folks I am having a problem with a newly edited script file (remote.ini). It's not executing the script. It's loading a script from somewhere else on my windows 10 system. I looked for the file remote.ini and found it in the mric folder. I e
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: How to ignore JOIN/PART from specific user by darthclide @ Today at 09:59 AM
I didn't think your way prevented nick changes. I just hope future nick changes can be detected by your script so that it automatically hides/ignores it. Will test and see how it works tonight.
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: How to ignore JOIN/PART from specific user by maroon @ Today at 03:57 AM
mIRC doesn't let you sort the channel viewer list, unfortunately. You might be able to mimic it by making a script that parrots everything from #channel into @channel where you've created a sidebar viewer list that you can manipulate. But that would
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: How to ignore JOIN/PART from specific user by darthclide @ Today at 03:28 AM
FYI, is there a way to sort the viewer list to show the troll names at the end? I know it is a stretch, but the major point in all of this, is to avoid knowing that the losers are in my stream watching. If your recent code makes sure even name change
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: How to ignore JOIN/PART from specific user by darthclide @ Today at 03:19 AM
Your idea sounds great and Twitch could implement it easily. Twitch already has an option where you give rules in a popup if someone tries to talk in chat. Why couldn't Twitch use this system where if you are on one side of this popup (including if y
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: lost options at top, such as view by johnoh @ Today at 12:36 AM
hoorah, Thanks
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: lost options at top, such as view by maroon @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM
You unchecked 'menubar', so now you have to go the icon in upper left corner and use the new location for the 'view' menu to re-check menubar
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts lost options at top, such as view by johnoh @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM
I have lost the list of options at the top, which included the view selection. How do I get it back?
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: What is "tool window" with /window +l/+L ? by maroon @ Yesterday at 10:50 PM
Look at /help window There's +L and +l, though I'm having trouble now getting the tool window to open as a desktop, maybe it's because I'm running the beta
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: What is "tool window" with /window +l/+L ? by Protopia @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Does that mean that it has to be a desktop window (as in your example)?
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: What is "tool window" with /window +l/+L ? by maroon @ Yesterday at 06:52 PM
It lets you make a custom window without a titlebar, and if the titlebar does appear you can make it not show the minimize/maximize icons next to the upper-right X. /window +Ld @xyz Notice there's no X to close the window, so you will need to clos
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts What is "tool window" with /window +l/+L ? by Protopia @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM
The help file says that the +l or +L switches create a custom window as a tool window, but I have been unable to determine what this actually means. Can anyone help?
Scripts & Popups That did the trick! Thank you for all your help maroon!
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: How to ignore text that starts with X whitespace? by maroon @ Yesterday at 07:08 AM
It doesn't like that extra comma there, so you'll have to do something like: var %temp \s{15,} if ($regex($rawmsg,%temp)) { haltdef }
Scripts & Popups Doing: if ($regex($rawmsg,\s{15,})) { haltdef } gave me: Code:* /if: ':test!test@2610:111:a20::2 PRIVMSG #test : 15' unknown operator (line 16, remote.ini) in the server window. It seems like that should've worked.
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: Connecting to two servers at startup by maroon @ Yesterday at 05:45 AM
The -m is a switch altering the behavior of the /server command. It makes the server open in a new status window instead of replacing the current server connection.
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: Connecting to two servers at startup by MelchiorGaspar @ Yesterday at 05:35 AM
What does the -m command do.. ?? I am searching but.. I use SECURE connections to two servers.. will this start script auto apply the settings from the main ini stored..?? never mind once I discovered the /server command on another tie I found wh
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: How to ignore text that starts with X whitespace? by maroon @ Yesterday at 05:02 AM
Try $regex($rawmsg,\s{15}) That finds long stretch anywhere within the message, not just the front. Inside the ON TEXT event, you can see the ASCII values contents of $rawmsg with: bset -ta &bvar 1 $rawmsg echo -s $bvar(&bvar,1-) I didn't
Scripts & Popups Originally Posted By: maroonI just showed you that $rawmsg retains it. The display message begins after the 2nd colon, but as soon as you transfer it to another %variable or send the output through something like $1- or $gettok, the result no longer
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: How to ignore JOIN/PART from specific user by maroon @ Yesterday at 03:38 AM
If twitch supports having channels be invite-only and doesn't let people inside the room see the uninvited trying to come in, you could have a lobby channel set up that whenever someone joins the lobby and they're not on the Troll list the script aut
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: How to ignore text that starts with X whitespace? by maroon @ Yesterday at 02:01 AM
I just showed you that $rawmsg retains it. The display message begins after the 2nd colon, but as soon as you transfer it to another %variable or send the output through something like $1- or $gettok, the result no longer has the consecutive/leading/
Scripts & Popups So if $1- filters out leading whitespace, how do you check for it? Is it even possible using on:text? Thanks
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: Announcment Script by maroon @ Yesterday at 12:00 AM
You didn't say you were trying to spam this message to 200 channels. In mirc-options/irc/flood do you have the boxes checked to "enable flood protection" and "own messages"? Other than that, if you want to show a message every 10
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: Announcment Script by kpp99 @ 14/10/17 11:38 PM
Originally Posted By: maroonYour messages will be delivered in all channels on that network unless then channel is moderated or otherwise has a mode that your status level doesn't permit you to speak there. No script would help you with this problem,
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >