mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Topics | Unanswered Topics Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days | Past Month | Past Year
Forum   Subject
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: Raising an error in an alias by FroggieDaFrog @ 16/09/18 02:59 PM
Simply put: you can't. Depending on where you want to handle the error information, I use something akin to the following: Code:alias example { set -u0 %MyError Some Error } alias MyCaller { example if (%MyError) { goto error
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Raising an error in an alias by Protopia @ 16/09/18 01:39 PM
I understand how you can use :error and $error and /reseterror to handle errors created by an alias, but... How do I create a custom error with a custom message IN an alias which will trigger the above in whatever alias called my alias?
Feature Suggestions
Jump to new posts Re: /breplace - multibytes replacement by Raccoon @ 16/09/18 01:44 AM
Afiak, UTF-8 is rarely used in a host of areas where binary variables would be used, such as, when reading binary data from files. Most unicode text is encoded as DBCS, and not UTF-8. IE, see any hex editor that says "Include unicode strings i
Feature Suggestions
Jump to new posts Re: /breplace - multibytes replacement by Wims @ 15/09/18 09:16 PM
As /breplace is a command dealing with byte replacement, I think it would be better to keep it doing that. It may reinterpret the number if it's > 255, but there it would always encode to utf8, I don't think supporting other encoding makes much se
Feature Suggestions
Jump to new posts Re: /breplace - multibytes replacement by Raccoon @ 14/09/18 06:03 PM
Few things I'd add here, using this command rather extensively. Add support for multibyte values of multiple encodings, such that the user need only specify the unicode codepoint and mirc does the work to find/replace encoded values according to -sw
Feature Suggestions
Jump to new posts /breplace - multibytes replacement by Wims @ 12/09/18 10:27 PM
/breplace lacks multibyte replacement, it was probably not so much of a problem before, but with unicode I believe this is going to be more common: we can't replace an utf8 sequence of bytes by another, replacing (all) with in a binvar has to be
Bug Reports Okay. So, unless I have misunderstood the purpose of Undernet's hidden key feature, the implementation on Undernet seems to be broken. A non-op should, presumably, never receive the actual key in numeric 324.
Bug Reports Yes this is exactly what happens. - User B will also see -k 1234 when user A changes the key to abcd
Bug Reports I updated my previous post to make it clearer. Following up again: can someone please test the following for me on Undernet? 1) User A, connects to Undernet, joins #channel, sets channel key to 1234. 2) User B, connects to Undernet, joins #channel,