mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Topics | Unanswered Topics Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days | Past Month | Past Year
Forum   Subject
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $urlget bugs / discussion by Khaled @ Today at 06:44 PM
Thanks for the test script. The latest beta implements several changes to $urlget() that should fix the issues mentioned in your post.
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: mIRC beta by Khaled @ Today at 06:41 PM
The latest beta is mIRC v7.55.1403 and can be downloaded here. It includes the following changes: Quote:Beta v7.55.1403 changes: 1.Removed non-random server addresses from servers.ini. 2.Item 15, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/26536
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Re: Help with telnet script by Sat @ Today at 10:29 AM
Hello! Your script uses spaces.dll. That DLL needs to be upgraded along with mIRC, or it will not work anymore. You can get new spaces.dll releases from its official home here. There will be a new spaces.dll release within at most a few days after ev
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Protopia @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM
I said it needs one, not that it was going to get one.
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Sat @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Raccoon[..] add a check before failing "not enough parameters" if there are 2 params, treating the first param as nickname and the second param as message. Just for completeness: this does not work nearly as well as al
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Sat @ Yesterday at 08:43 PM
Originally Posted By: ProtopiaHmm - it appears from a simple test (on DALnet - other networks may be different) that you cannot have a user nick that starts with a "-". You might want to take a look at the rest of this thread.
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Khaled @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM
Quote:I think if you are going to have such a whitelist, it probably needs to have an Options UI to allow users to add their local userids. This is an internal backwards compatibility fix, not a feature :-] No plans to add a GUI for this.
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Protopia @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM
I think if you are going to have such a whitelist, it probably needs to have an Options UI to allow users to add their local userids. But we could perhaps have an initial list populated with the known such instances. (So - now something which affec
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Protopia @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM
Hmm - it appears from a simple test (on DALnet - other networks may be different) that you cannot have a user nick that starts with a "-". /nick -abc -abc Erroneous Nickname If this is generally true, then as previously commented, such ni
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Khaled @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM
Quote:However, I think there is one last option that should be mentioned just as a possibility. There are very few such nicknames used by BNC software. I can think of "-psyBNC" and "-sBNC" only; maybe there's a handful in total. m
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Raccoon @ Yesterday at 02:43 AM
There are a lot of things possible. I'm happy with mIRC just breaking for invalid nicks, but if Khaled is really bored he could add a check before failing "not enough parameters" if there are 2 params, treating the first param as nickname
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Sat @ 17/04/19 05:44 PM
Originally Posted By: KhaledWell, the IRC protocol is all we have to work with. It would be impossible to implement an IRC client in a way that supports an unknown future protocol with unknown changes. Agreed. However, it is an argument in favor of e
Scripts & Popups
Jump to new posts Help with telnet script by moon84 @ 17/04/19 03:17 PM
Hi, I'm new here and I would like to have some help, if possivel.... I was using a telnet script for mirc and as far as I know, it was working on mirc <7.47 and I upgraded from 7.47 to 7.55 and now this script does not display the connection text.
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Khaled @ 17/04/19 01:48 PM
Quote:Right now, yes. Well, the IRC protocol is all we have to work with. It would be impossible to implement an IRC client in a way that supports an unknown future protocol with unknown changes. The support for /msg and /query -snxmd the way it is
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: Right Click on nicks stopped working by maroon @ 17/04/19 03:22 AM
https://mircscripts.net/pVcK1 This is a script that makes a backup copy of mirc.ini every few hours, saving it to a filename that includes the day of the week. If any of these files get trashed again, you can quit mirc, find one of the backups, and
mIRC Help
Jump to new posts Re: Right Click on nicks stopped working by mk96 @ 16/04/19 09:51 PM
I think this would solve my problem but you're presuming greater technical expertise than I actually posses here. Can I impose a little more and ask you to pretend I'm five and try again?
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Wims @ 16/04/19 06:50 PM
But this issue with /msg is part of a bigger picture, for /msg it's ok, there are others commands to send a message. The problem is building script around $nick and such. An update of IRC to allow for nickname starting with a number would lead to scr
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Sat @ 16/04/19 06:13 PM
Originally Posted By: KhaledSo the issue with /msg and -switches support will likely only be an issue with users who use certain BNCs. Right now, yes. I don't necessarily agree with Raccoon's "never will be", though. After all, at some poin
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: $urlget bugs / discussion by Khaled @ 16/04/19 04:24 PM
Quote:$urlget() does not process relative redirects properly. Thanks for testing these out. Fixing these has turned out to be more complicated than I expected. I am trying to use standard windows APIs for URL parsing but their limitation means that
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Khaled @ 16/04/19 04:16 PM
Quote:Nicknames beginning with '-' are not valid nicknames Good point. I am guessing that BNCs use non-valid nicknames so that they don't collide with nicknames on the IRC server. So the issue with /msg and -switches support will likely only be an is
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Raccoon @ 16/04/19 03:50 PM
Originally Posted By: ProtopiaThe issue here is that there are hundreds of scripts which use /msg and expect to continue work with all valid user names even those starting with -. Nicknames beginning with '-' are not valid nicknames, and never will
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Khaled @ 16/04/19 02:47 PM
Quote:I did see that "/msg -n #channelname message" minimizes the channel along with sending the message. If I make the changes suggested in my above post, this will no longer work in the next beta. Any scripts that use /msg -n will break
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Khaled @ 16/04/19 10:59 AM
Thanks for your bug report. mIRC has supported a /msg -s switch since v3.9 but only if it was exactly "-s". Awful design decision. But someone requested -s support and I am guessing we were worried that adding -switch support would result
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by maroon @ 16/04/19 10:33 AM
The other question is what switches are being recognized, as none are documented. I did see that "/msg -n #channelname message" minimizes the channel along with sending the message.
Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: /msg on dashed nicks by Protopia @ 16/04/19 10:09 AM
This is an issue of backwards compatibility. I am unclear why it ever worked in 7.52 if /msg had switches in that release. I am unclear whether use of e.g. "/msg $nick message" works when $nick is e.g. -sBNC. It may be that mIRC can alrea
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >