mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Threads | Unanswered Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past Week | Past Month | Past Year
Bug Reports Jump to new posts
Re: $mid with large text bug Khaled 15/04/24 07:22 AM
Thanks, it looks like $mid() had an internal maximum limit of 10000 vs the 10240 that $maxlenl returns. This issue has been fixed for the next version.
1 156 Read More
$mid with large text bug favellado 14/04/24 06:12 PM
Test it with the alias below:

alias midBug {
var %r, %limit 10000, %t $+(<z>TE,$str(b,%limit),ST</z>), %lg $len(%t)
echo -s ECHO MID [FAIL]: %lg
%r = $mid(%t,4,%lg)
echo -s %r
echo -s ECHO LEFT RIGHT [OK]: %lg
%r = $right(%t,$calc(%lg - 3))
%r = $left(%r,$calc(%lg - 7))
echo -s %r
}

Look at the test, when trying to search between tags with $mid, it fails the result. With $right and $left it works. The extra limit was placed on $mid to show that it still does not give the expected result.

$maxlenl gives a limit of 10240, but $mid does not work with anything close to the maximum limit.
1 156 Read More
mIRC Help Jump to new posts
Re: Double-clicking link does not work Khaled 14/04/24 12:16 PM
You do not have to change any options for this to work. If it is not working, this means that either your Windows is not configured to use a default browser or you are using a script that blocks hotlinks.

An easy way to test this is to install a clean copy of mIRC, using the portable option in the installer, in a new, empty folder with no scripts or addons, and to test it there.

And you should, of course, make sure that you are using the latest version of mIRC.
1 260 Read More
Connection Issues Jump to new posts
Re: DCC Max Speed Khaled 13/04/24 12:31 PM
There is a limit, however it is not related to a specific transfer rate. This is due to mIRC being a single-threaded application, which means that if DCC Send was allowed to run at full-speed, it would block the user interface. There are several windows message-based features in mIRC that can do this, so mIRC uses various methods to minimize it. This has, of course, been discussed before :-) Looking through versions.txt, I'm amazed to see that DCC Send/Get was added in 1995, when modem speeds were around 28.8kbps, and went through various implementation changes after that. The first discussion of the internal limit probably came up around the time that someone managed to get a super-fast internet connection many years later. The topic then comes up again periodically when someone tries to transfer a large file. Is it important? I have no idea. My network speed, on a very good day, is around 5MB/s. Should I redesign the entire DCC Send/Get implementation to use threads? Maybe. I usually add features or make changes if I think it will be a fun/interesting challenge. At some point, it may pique my interest :-)
1 289 Read More
Double-clicking link does not work Fernet 13/04/24 11:05 AM
Hello! When I double link on a link in a mIRC windows, it should has to open a browser. But it doesn't work. Nothing happen and no error in status. Which option do I have to change?
Thanks
1 260 Read More
Developers Jump to new posts
Re: Spotify now-playing for mIRC turbosmurfen 12/04/24 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Epic
You can find it at the following links:

Thanks for the help, I saw this now.
28 16,216 Read More
Scripts & Popups Jump to new posts
Re: Scripting to use Undenet X commands Simo 12/04/24 07:24 PM
At this point its not clear to me what exactly you sre looking for because these lines you mention could mean anything also i tested myself on undernet and undernet supports 6 mode settings in 1 line like +bbbbbb wich is what i utilized now the code could be modified but only if elaborate to detail exactly what it is you want script to do.
5 599 Read More
Re: Scripting to use Undenet X commands grumpy_ol_man 12/04/24 12:55 AM
I just found out that X no longer supports 10 entries per line. So i guess the only way is to read the ip's from a list and add them one line at the time.
5 599 Read More
Connection Issues Jump to new posts
DCC Max Speed dohboy 10/04/24 11:38 PM
I sometimes use mIRC for downloading files. Does anyone know if there happens to be a hard coded DCC file transfer speed of around 40MB/s and if so is there is a way to remove the limit? Even though my internet speed is much faster than that (1.5Gbps), I can only reach just under 40MB/s maximum speed per file but can reach over 100MB/s with multiple files or with an individual file transfer using a different IRC client, but I would prefer using mIRC.
1 289 Read More
Re: Scripting to use Undenet X commands Simo 10/04/24 10:45 PM
i made a mistake with the ban syntax this one should be fine from what i understood is X uses a max of 10 bans per line wich is what i added.

Code

alias Xban {
  var %chan = $active |  if (%chan !ischan) { echo -stac own  This command can only be done on a channel. | halt }
  if ($nick( %chan ,$me,@)) {
    var %i = 1 | while ($gettok($1-,%i,32)) {
      var %user =  $gettok($1-,%i,32) 
      if (!$nick($chan, %user ,@) && !$istok( $me , %user ,32)  && %user ison %chan) { var -u3 %nm = $addtok(%nm,$address( %user ,2),44) }
      if ($numtok(%nm,44) == 10) { msg x@channels.undernet.org ban %chan %nm | unset %nm }
      inc %i
    }
    if (%nm) { msg x@channels.undernet.org ban %chan %nm }
  }
}

5 599 Read More
Re: Scripting to use Undenet X commands Simo 10/04/24 10:26 PM
you could try this :

Code

alias Xban {
  var %chan = $active |  if (%chan !ischan) { echo -stac own  This command can only be done on a channel. | halt }
  if ($nick( %chan ,$me,@)) {
    var %i = 1 | while ($gettok($1-,%i,32)) {
      var %user =  $gettok($1-,%i,32) 
      if ($nick($chan,$me,@) && !$nick($chan, %user ,@) && !$istok( $me , %user ,32)) { var -u3 %nm = $addtok(%nm,$address( %user ,2),44) }
      if ($numtok(%nm,44) == 10) { msg x@channels.undernet.org ban  %chan $numtok(%nm,44) -  %nm | 
      unset %nm }
      inc %i
    }
    if (%nm) { msg x@channels.undernet.org ban  %chan  $numtok(%nm,44) -  %nm }
  }
}

5 599 Read More
Re: Scripting to use Undenet X commands Simo 10/04/24 12:37 AM
It's not clear to me what kind of abuse or trolling it is they are doing on the channel in order to determine what kind of script would be fit to counter that.

Im curious to know what they do exactly.
5 599 Read More
Re: Spotify now-playing for mIRC ChimpJ 08/04/24 09:35 PM
Awesome!Thank you so much
28 16,216 Read More
Re: Mirc deletes next character when typing Wims 08/04/24 07:42 PM
It's called insert (or overtype) mode - you very likely pressed the insert (INS) key on your keyboard to enable it - you need to press it again to change it back to normal mode.
1 151 Read More
Mirc deletes next character when typing bill707 08/04/24 03:32 AM
When correcting sentences in the text bar, Mirc deletes the next character. Obviously this is something I clicked, any ideas?
1 151 Read More
Re: Spotify now-playing for mIRC Epic 07/04/24 11:30 AM
You can find it at the following links:

28 16,216 Read More
Re: Showing the wrong time Khaled 07/04/24 07:38 AM
I have tested this in Windows 10 and have not been able to reproduce any issues with the time/timezone mIRC is displaying.

However, in order to track down issues like this, I would really need the information I asked for in my previous post.
3 681 Read More
Re: DCC Progress Bar color? Khaled 07/04/24 07:29 AM
Thanks for spotting this. The treebar was incorrectly using the same colors as the switchbar. The switchbar itself was using colors that were added before a number of other changes. I have changed both to use the text color for the bars so as to correctly stand out against the background.
1 151 Read More
Scripting to use Undenet X commands grumpy_ol_man 07/04/24 07:25 AM
Hi,
i have a channel on undernet and get a few trools frequently. I usually kick/ban them with "/msg x@channels.undernet.org ban #channel *!*@ip1.*,ip2.*,ip3.* 3h "
That works well for one or 2 lines. I want to script so I can send several lines to X. I know I can open a query window to a nick and use the /play "text" 1500. But that is not working with sending X Commands. Any help is much appreciated.
5 599 Read More
Re: Spotify now-playing for mIRC ChimpJ 06/04/24 01:57 PM
Forgive my ignorance but I am unable to find spoton.dll. Have looked in the zip and on github. If you could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.
Thanks in advance!
28 16,216 Read More
Re: Showing the wrong time Wien 06/04/24 09:52 AM
Hello Khaled,

If the forum time is UTC, then the the difference between actual time and the UTC - 7 hours according to the post time of the topic of Sunlily. According to Sunlily the time showed on mIRC was UTC - 8 hours which was wrong.

According to my investigation there is an issue in mIRC with these two timezones:

Currently set in mIRC (don't know which version):
(UTC-08:00) Baja California
(UTC-08:00) Coordinated U:niversal Time-08
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (U.S. and Canada)

Should be set as in mIRC:
(UTC-07:00) Arizona
(UTC-07:00) La Paz, Mazatlan
(UTC-07:00) Mountain Time (U.S. and Canada)
(UTC-07:00) Yukon

I think there is an issue with the Pacific and Mountain time in mIRC. Please check these two timezones in mIRC Khaled?
3 681 Read More
DCC Progress Bar color? eahm 06/04/24 09:30 AM
Is there a way to change the color of the new DCC Progress Bar? I use a black background and I can't see the bar unless I select the line nick.

Thank you.
1 151 Read More
Re: please help how to write script lonthong 06/04/24 09:14 AM
Dear Epic,

thank you for your reply ,
i already see all link you give to me

script not working
{
/timer 0 900 msg #" your channel " "your messages"
/timer 1 10 msg #" your channel " "your messages"
}

and changes to

on *:connect:{
if ($network == "your server") {
/timer 0 900 msg #" your channel " "your messages"
/timer 1 10 msg #" your channel " "your messages"
}
}

my script is working well now

thank you
2 308 Read More
Re: please help how to write script Epic 04/04/24 06:45 PM
Obviously, to do this you need to create a script that will do what you want.

To get started, try reading/studying the help documentation: https://www.mirc.com/help/html/index.html?remote.html

In addition, something similar using a timer has already been discussed in the next forum thread: #Post272454

If after reading the information in the links you still have difficulties creating a script or it is not exactly what you want to do, then try to describe your idea in more detail, as well as provide text examples/screenshots/handwritten drawing/scheme on a sheet of paper or something else, so that we understand exactly what you want to do.
2 308 Read More
please help how to write script lonthong 04/04/24 03:56 AM
Dear Sir / Madam

please help how to write timer in mirc script
i try writein status " /timer 3 5 msg #chan This test message using timer " <<< it work well
but not work when i write in remote (script area)

please help how to do that

i want to post a message in my channel every 30 minutes

thank you
2 308 Read More
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 31 32